I saw rev's rx8

TruWrecks

Banned
I begged, and begged, and begged... (You get the picture) for someone from the org to hookup with me for lunch.  Last week Revlis took pitty, and answered my PM.
face7.gif
 He called my cell, too.  He must have felt really sorry for me!
biggrin.gif
I was sure I had killed too many threads, or I was scaring people away.  He brought his <s>better</s> other half with him.  One of my peers from work also joined along.  We had a good lunch, and a great time.  Rev and the Mrs. were very considerate that I was on a conference/troubleshooting call the whole time!
sad.gif
 (I hate on-call)
mad.gif

Anyway, about the RX...It's quiet running, and sounds very cool!  
biggrin.gif
 It has a back seat that an actual person, over the age of 5, can fit into.  The trunk is big enough to fit 2 bodies...Oops!  I wasn't supposed to say that part.  Next I'm hoping for a chance to take the RX for a spin.
tounge.gif

I was a most welcome diversion from work!

Thanks!
beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

I know that Rev's car is made for fun. Mine's (as he put it, talking about the Busa) is for serious fun. The difference is, when you go out to play, it's all serious. You don't have much room for mistakes, and mashing down the verticle pedal can get you to well over 100MPH in a REAL HURRY! The RX8 is made to enjoy as you sling it around the road.

Both are fun, but I'm still partial to my Vette.
biggrin.gif

I know that Rev's car is made for fun. Mine's (as he put it, talking about the Busa) is for serious fun. The difference is, when you go out to play, it's all serious. You don't have much room for mistakes, and mashing down the verticle pedal can get you to well over 100MPH in a REAL HURRY! The RX8 is made to enjoy as you sling it around the road.

Both are fun, but I'm still partial to my Vette.
biggrin.gif
Yeah

The Wife and I had a great lunch, it was good to see you and... Robert? Hell I am horrible with names, is that his name? No worries about the on-call thing, it wasn't all that intrusive which was impressive.

Beautiful Vette Bro, Really cool and the Lumpy Big Cam Idle kinda reminded me of a classic Hot Rod. I give it
thumbs-up.gif

Yeah the RX is to the Vette what a CBR 600 is to the Hayabusa. One is Plain ole' zip zip, toss it around and play, fun. The Other is serious business, Lets go fast and beat the corners into submission fun. Lets just say that I am not going to be seeing you on pinks anytime soon, I'll do it with the Busa but not the RX.

I might take you on in an autocross though. Something Parking lot sized with a timed course ya know? Oh and we both have to Carry Four Passengers.
smile.gif
You 're are correct though, I can pin the RX to 9500 in first and I think I am only going about 40-50MPH, so I can pretty much go nuts with it and not really get into too much trouble.

If I do loose it though I got 6 Airbags, and five Star front passenger and driver, as well 4 star side impact and and 5 star rollover. So in theory the car should provide a good deal of protection.

Only thing that pisses me off, is the fact that I get about 10 fewer MPGs than you do... For half the HP... Ah well, I didn't buy it to go fast, I bought it for fun.
thumbs-up.gif

Still though... Less Miles Per Gallon and half the HP... Hmmm...

thumbs-up.gif

Yeah the RX is to the Vette what a CBR 600 is to the Hayabusa.  One is Plain ole' zip zip, toss it around and play, fun.  The Other is serious business, Lets go fast and beat the corners into submission fun.  Lets just say that I am not going to be seeing you on pinks anytime soon, I'll do it with the Busa but not the RX.  

That's a hoot!  CBR 600 to a Hayabusa?  I could probably match a CBR600 in acceleration.  Anyway I know where you were going with this.  The CBR is fun, but the Hayabusa is Serious Fun!

I might take you on in an autocross though. Something Parking lot sized with a timed course ya know? Oh and we both have to Carry Four Passengers.
smile.gif
You 're are correct though, I can pin the RX to 9500 in first and I think I am only going about 40-50MPH, so I can pretty much go nuts with it and not really get into too much trouble.

Mine only goes about 55 in 1st, but shift to 2nd and you'll be pushing 100 around the rev limiter. It all goes by in a blur, so you have the visibility advantage.

If I do loose it though I got 6 Airbags, and five Star front passenger and driver, as well 4 star side impact and and 5 star rollover. So in theory the car should provide a good deal of protection.

They haven't crash tested the C6 yet, but I've seen soem pretty bad wrecks that people have walked away from.

Only thing that pisses me off, is the fact that I get about 10 fewer MPGs than you do... For half the HP... Ah well, I didn't buy it to go fast, I bought it for fun.
thumbs-up.gif

Whip those hamsters!
biggrin.gif

Still though... Less Miles Per Gallon and half the HP... Hmmm...

There's always Nitrous.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153182925 -->

biggrin.gif

hey Rev- that thang got a HEMI???
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Well in a manner of speaking I suppose it sorta has the Anti-Hemi...

It has two of these, NO reciprocating mass, and only three major moving parts. It displaces 1.3litres and makes 240HP. Redlines at 9500 and is nearly completely vibration free. The Redline is set at 9500 because above that they were having tranny troubles, opieces kept coming apart. Otherwise they rev to 14-15K rpms without concern.

It's essentially a 2-stroke... Sorta.

Here's what qualifies as a piston, every revolution of this produces three Intake, compression, ignition, and exhaust events. Multiply that times two and that is how you get 240 hp out of 1.3 liter motor. Sorta. There are three "Sparks" for every combustion, a Lead, a follow, and a third follow up spark. It uses two different kinds of plugs. And the Rotaries LOVE Boost.
rotary4.jpg

rotary1.gif

Here's one of the "Pistons" Rotors.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153182378 -->

img029.jpg

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Yeah the RX is to the Vette what a CBR 600 is to the Hayabusa. One is Plain ole' zip zip, toss it around and play, fun. The Other is serious business, Lets go fast and beat the corners into submission fun. Lets just say that I am not going to be seeing you on pinks anytime soon, I'll do it with the Busa but not the RX.
That's a hoot! CBR 600 to a Hayabusa? I could probably match a CBR600 in acceleration. Anyway I know where you were going with this. The CBR is fun, but the Hayabusa is Serious Fun!
Yup, they both pound the adrenals, it's just that one makes you giggle, and the other makes you hold your breath. Both Fun, Both exciting, just differen't ways of getting there.

Yeah the RX is to the Vette what a CBR 600 is to the Hayabusa.  One is Plain ole' zip zip, toss it around and play, fun.  The Other is serious business, Lets go fast and beat the corners into submission fun.  Lets just say that I am not going to be seeing you on pinks anytime soon, I'll do it with the Busa but not the RX.  
That's a hoot!  CBR 600 to a Hayabusa?  I could probably match a CBR600 in acceleration.  Anyway I know where you were going with this.  The CBR is fun, but the Hayabusa is Serious Fun!
Yup, they both pound the adrenals, it's just that one makes you giggle, and the other makes you hold your breath.  Both Fun, Both exciting, just differen't ways of getting there.
We'll have to get together again, and swap cars for a few minutes in a big empty parking lot.
jump9.gif

hey Rev, do they still call that engine a "wankel"? its like super-light n set really far back in the firewall to get the weight balance to a perfect 50/50. heard they're a bit cramped for long-legged folk...whats yer take on that? just curious. I drive a SUV so I dont get in trouble. already got 3 f'n tickets in Amy's 300C:p

Back