I salute Staff Sgt. Salvatore A. Giunta Medal of Honor winner.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Staff Sgt. Salvatore A. Giunta, Company B, 503rd Infantry Regiment, 173rd Airborne Combat Team, will be awarded the Medal of Honor.

Vicenza paratrooper to be awarded Medal of Honor for heroism in Afghanistan

Giunta, of Company B, 2nd Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment, 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team, will be awarded the Medal of Honor, the U.S. military’s highest award for valor under fire.
The Hiawatha, Iowa-native is the first living service member to earn the award since Vietnam.
The medal will be presented in a ceremony at a date and time still to be determined.

medalofhonorwinner.jpg

True American Hero....I salute...
salute_flag_alt1.jpg

May God bless each and every one here and gone serving and not..

Guy runs forward into heavy enemy fire noticing two Taliban trying to carry away his injured comrade .
He let's loose on them with his M4 causing them to drop fallen comrade and rescues him again all under heavy enemy fire !
What an incredible selfless act !
Nothing finer.

Amen & may every possible deity bless this & every soldier!

SSG Giunta shouldn't ever have to buy another beer! He more than earned that award and I'm sure that he'd do the same thing again even if he knew for a fact that he wouldn't get any award!!

I was watching press conference this morning with him on fox news , CNN made no mention of it nor carried it . He was with wife and literally broke down in tears talking about his fallen comrades whom he's known that really deserve it and more .
He was such a gracious and humble man I was almost in tears :cry:

Back