I rode pillion... on a pink bike

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
... and with a chick driving! When I was looking for the pic I posted of my first motorcycle I found this in a scrapbook my Mother made for me before she passed away. Some funny stuff in there! Actually, I've laughed and cried looking through this book. God I miss my Mom!

Anyway, I have no idea who the chick is. It looks like a Florida camping trip photo. Maybe I picked her up in the campgrounds. The girls always loved me when I was little. ;) And yes, that's me hangin' on for life! Is it just me or is she lookin' down like, "Hey, watch where you put your hands, buddy!". I do sort of have a grin and my facial expression looks like I'm about to get smacked! :laugh:

Oh, and Rev... If you say what you are thinking I swear on all things holy that I will drive to Florida and get you.   :D

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1069181246 -->

pillion.jpg

Dude, you were destined to be on 2 wheels! Check out the banana seat.. I remember those.. doublin' was never easier, eh?!

Dude, you were destined to be on 2 wheels!  Check out the banana seat.. I remember those.. doublin' was never easier, eh?!
Yep, I've always loved bein' on two... And yes, I remember the banana seats.... and those ape hanger bars. ;) Man, bikes, both pedal and motor have changed! :D

Those were the days weren't they!
Yeah, those were the days! I absolutely love going through the old pics and thinking about how things were back then. I'm glad someone posted the first bike thread. I hadn't had the photo albums out in a LONG time. It's been a blast going through them over the past couple days. Nothing like good memories and family. :D

Yeah I grew up in a Gremlin...Burnt Orange...Black Vinyl interior...Dad Built the inline six that was in it... Pretty funny...

Additionally, I grew up riding a Schwinn Stingray. Red, With metal flake in the red grips, and bannana seat. I had it until about 10 years ago, my dad sold it... Grrr.

Thats all I have to say about that. ;)

Yeah I grew up in a Gremlin...Burnt Orange...Black Vinyl interior...Dad Built the inline six that was in it...  Pretty funny...

Additionally, I grew up riding a Schwinn Stingray.  Red, With metal flake in the red grips, and bannana seat.  I had it until about 10 years ago, my dad sold it... Grrr.

Thats all I have to say about that. ;)
Ok, who are you and what have you done with Rev? :super: He never would have let me by this easy, posting a pic of myself like this. :laugh:

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1069205892 -->

Bullet, I enjoy taking shots as much as the next guy but sometimes a fish in a Barrel is just no fun... besides I believe you held back not to long ago, I'm returning the favour.

Oh, and MR D, When I was in High School a buddy of mine wedged a 409 into a Gremlin. Built a cage, tubbed the rear, solid beam type from end... On and on. Was the Spookiest damn car I had ridden in up to that point, freaky fast... Same guy also pulled a 440 out of a Chrysler and wedgied it under the hood of an old Blue Dodge Pickup truck. That we named Papa Smurf.

Wow, that takes me way back!!!!!

My first bike was a red Schwinn StingRay. A few of the rich kids had the Schwinn Crate bikes. The Apple Crate had the chopper type forks and tiny front wheel and I think it was a 5-Speed.

My first car in High School was a '73 Gremlin. Here's a before and after picture.

<!--EDIT|Sane_man
Reason for Edit: None given...|1069226289 -->

BT...I'll say it! Ohhh, me me me!
Pink is your color! :D
:bounce:

I remember my grandmother's purple Gremlin...don't remember riding in it, just that she had one...wow, memory lane...yeah, start a thread for us to laugh at ourselves as children...

Back