I noticed something

KanjiBusa

Seizures Suck!
Donating Member
Registered
THAT SUCKAH IS SMOOOOOTHHEEE! For real though, It is very smoothe and very solid when riding around. He let me ride it around for a day. I am not sure if it handled smoothe because it was lowered 2 inches, or that it is an R1. It was very nice, and hella fun. BUT was way too small, and something I didnt expect was how the low end SUCKS!!! You all know the feeling on the busa where you FEEL the torque like CRAZY!!! I LOVE TORQUE!!! R1's have TERRIBLE bottom end! I guess they make up for it in the extra 3k rpms on the rev limit. OMG I LOVE THE BUSA!!! oh yeah, can you adjust the high and low beam separately or is it all one unit. I feel that my high beam pointing right at the bottom middle inside my low beam isnt the correct place for it. Any suggestions?

You can adjust the beams seperatly. I felt the same way about the R1. I like it a lot but I love the Busa.
beerchug.gif

I love an R1...they are great bikes. Rgr on the adjusting of beams sep. Curious what yr R1 did you ride? Have you rode the 07?

There's no substitute for that torque in my opinion.

Lots of sport bikes have power and performance if you wring them out at the top end, but few (none?) compare with the 'Busa's capability to deliver grunt at almost any revs, its comfort for touring and two-up riding, and all the aftermarket goodies.

Headlight alignment is a common complaint on the stock 'Busa. Easily fixed though.

Its the motor that makes it so smooth, specifically the head design. Yamaha is considered a leader in that area....and not just motorcycle engines.

Wow an '05.

From my reading the new '07 R1 has sacrifed even more low end grunt for more high so the new one is even worse.

Seems to the current mfg. trend.

When I rode the zx10R at bike week I was shocked by the complete LACK of low end pull...

Das Busa Rulez  
super.gif

I pray the zuk mfgs. don't continue this philosphy and doink the new '08 Busa...

R1's are sweet, most my buds ride them and hate me. I skeer em when I come around.
laugh.gif

Not to mention on average they paid 1K more for theirs.
SHOCKED.gif

No question that the R1 is the de-facto "look" for what people think of in a sportbike. Like a slippery black razor blade.

I will say I found the R1 to be an excellent bike. It doesn't need low end torque because the thing weighs as much as my rear swingarm. I accidentaly lifted the wheel off the ground on my friends Raven, simply by driving it like my Busa.

It's rough equivalent would be a shaved siamese cat covered in Crisco that was struck in the ******* by a bolt of lightning. You may think the situation is clear, but you never know what is around the corner.

(Nekosohana @ Jun. 07 2007,14:16) It's rough equivalent would be a shaved siamese cat covered in Crisco that was struck in the ******* by a bolt of lightning.  You may think the situation is clear, but you never know what is around the corner.
I can relate to that. I missed a shift into 4'th gear on the straightaway at Thunderhill and was not careful to back off the throttle and ease the clutch out.
SHOCKED.gif

Back