I need your help to fight criminals!!

somewhat bad news...but in reality we only had a "stay" of enforcement infront of the PA supreme court. the permanent injuction is still going forward to be argued... this is quote from lawyer today...

I just heard from the PA Supreme Court. Whatever Justice it was assigned to has declined to grant the Stay of the enforcement of the Ordinance. It is important to note that since the removal of Justice Joan Orie Melvin (an avid 2A supporter), the Court has 6 elected Justices of which three are Republicans and three are Democrats. So, we had a 50/50 shot at pulling a pro-gun Justice and we will never know what Justice considered it, as the Order is Per Curiam (meaning By the Court anonymously). While extremely disappointing, this was expected by those organizations supporting our litigation.

What this means is that the matter will be returned to the Commonwealth Court to issue a briefing order and potentially order oral argument (at the discretion of the Court) on the underlying appeal of the denial of the preliminary injunction. I called the Commonwealth Court and it is still waiting for the record from Erie Court of Common Pleas. Once it receives that, it will issue a briefing order. So, we will not likely hear anything for several weeks, if not longer.

In relation to the citations that the City issued, today I filed a Motion to Dismiss and Memorandum in Support with Magisterial District Judge Robie requesting that all the charges be dismissed because 955.06(b) is invalid, pursuant to Section 6120. I requested that, if possible, he make a decision before Aug 19th, as some of those charged have a long distance to travel for the hearing.

The Supreme Court's Decision has no effect on the overall case or criminal matter, as it was merely requesting a Stay. Moreover, the only issue before the Commonwealth Court is the preliminary injunction. The permanent injunction and declaratory relief averments of our Complaint are still to be litigated in the future, if necessary, at the trial court once the Commonwealth Court makes a decision on the preliminary injunction issue before it (AKA they are not on appeal).

UPDATE. on Monday the 19th of august we are going in front of a district magistrate for our fines!!. NOW we get to have the police testify as to WHY they were ordered to disobey state law and ENFORCE city RULES. this becomes a CIVIL RIGHTS VIOLATION!!. wish us luck as the lawyer has lots of fun and excitement planned for the bureaucrats that think they can make up their own laws and quell the rights of citizens!!!

Our lawyer was notified today that the judge ruled everyone guilty. The judge ignored all revelent and binding statitory and case law. He also ignored the state laws prohibiting the city's ordinance. This is a fight we all loose!! If you can help even with spare change ( we are appealing it) please go here n donate whatever you can. Thanks chris

Help save the Second Amendment by Justin Dillon - GoFundMe

The judge knew it was a hot potato, so he thru it up to another level when it was clear you would appeal.

a district magistrate (judge) is elected but not required to have legal experience. we anticipated this.

$223.50 fine with court costs. $40 NON REFUNDABLE fee to file appeal...missed time from work, gas money, emotional stress, family issues, so i ask myself...is our rights worth standing up for....HELL YES... i took an oath when i enlisted in the Air Force right after high school... even though they released me so i could go to college (yes i was in air force ROTC during college but i could not pass flight physical so i did not enlist as an officer) i took an oath to the constitution, to defend it from enemy's, foreign and domestic...

update. we have a court hearing on November 5th for the guilty verdict appeal. the county judge picked for us is one that has a long history of not being a good judge and hates men. She was even NOT recommended by the PA bar for reelection (20 yrs is long enough for her antics) GOOD NEWS IS...NRA donated another 6k for a total of 10k towards lawyer fees to continue to fight this.

sorry i haven't updated this for those who were interested... our appeal went to the state capital infront of a 11 judge panel. today we got the ruling back...WE WON!! the ordinance is illegal, unconstitutional and unenforceable and a permanent injunction is ruled on the ordinance so they can never use it again.

here is the ruling http://www.pacourts.us/assets/opinions/Commonwealth/out/1038CD13_1-7-14.pdf?cb=1

here is the attorney's press release PRESS RELEASE: Attorney Joshua Prince Secures Major Victory Against City of Erie | Prince Law Offices, P.C.

thank you to any and all that helped us in this cause

we won...by them overturning the denial of a TEMPORARY INJUNCTION...yes they stated "its an illegal and unenforceable ordinance"....BUT... in the order a judge decided to expound and offer his personal opinion and EDUCATED all those wanting to ban guns on HOW TO DO IT. so this is now a win/loss meaning the city can appeal and then INCLUDE THE SUGGESTED argument. here is the footnote the judge threw in.
Not raised by the City is Section 3710 of the Third Class City Code, Act of June 23,
1931, P.L. 932, as amended, 53 P.S. §38710, which provides, in pertinent part, that the City
“shall at all times be invested with the power and authority to adopt suitable rules and regulations
concerning the use and occupation of [its] parks and playgrounds by the public generally….” It
could be argued that the City may be empowered under that grant of power from the State to
regulate the possession of firearms in its parks pursuant to its proprietary power to control
conduct that takes place on its property rather than through an ordinance of general application
enacted pursuant to its general police powers. Similarly, Section 11.215 of the regulations of the
Commonwealth’s Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, 17 Pa. Code §11.215,
generally prohibits “[p]ossessing an uncased device, or uncasing a device, including a firearm,
… that is capable of discharging or propelling a projectile...” in state parks, subject to a number
of enumerated exceptions.

Back