i need too rivet a 530 zzz chain

rob t

Registered
anyone try the 50 dollar riveters on a 530 zz chain? anyone try to peen the master link with a nailset and hammer themselves?

(rob t @ Nov. 19 2006,19:50) anyone try the 50 dollar riveters on a 530 zz chain? anyone try to peen the master link with a nailset and hammer themselves?
When you say riveter, you mean an actual chain kit right?
If so, just make sure that the link and plate are line up properly...you should be fine... used the kit on my 530 ZZZ.

Reg link, used a punch with a solid item behind it from the other side many times with no problems at all. The plates need to be held in place at the rite tension on the o or x ring cause when you peen it can't be to snug. I used a vise grip to do that. Now i know of a bud with a quality tool, i will borrow it instead though.
beerchug.gif

I got mine from Charles @ streetntrackimports.com one our local board sponors for a couple of dollars.

DSC02506.jpg

DSC02507.jpg

DSC02734.jpg

DSC02738.jpg

And you can get the actual riveter from www.pitposse.com for $50 if I remember correctly.
th_DSC02739.jpg

they gave me a spacer plate to hold the o ring space correctly so i figure i should be able to peen the phucker myself.

(rob t @ Nov. 19 2006,18:15) they gave me a spacer plate to hold the o ring space correctly so i figure i should be able to peen the phucker myself.
Use the kit I use and you have to worry about crushing the o ring.
wink.gif

(psycobusa @ Nov. 20 2006,01:01) i used a clip on master on mine....much easier and i can pull the chain off whenever i please
Keep an eye on it, as several clips have came off when "they pleased" on their own.

When it comes to your safety dont step down in recommended parts !

Check out the link below to see what a few here have to say and experienced when using clip on links .

i agree with the guy who had the prostock bike....you have to make sure the clip is installed in the right direction. ive been using them for about 4 years and dragraced and taken it off and on plenty of times with no problems. however, since the ZZZ chain doesnt offer a clip on master link, you have to modify the chain by grinding the ends off of the female pins. you could say its rigged but i feel safe because i know it wont back off. the link next to it sticks out futher so there isnt any room. you would prolly need to look at it to know what im talking about.

(goodluck @ Nov. 22 2006,18:42)
(Professor @ Nov. 22 2006,16:18) EK makes a bolt on link kit
where can you find this at i need to stretch my 530 zzz 6 inches
I may have spoke too soon

I saw one for a 530 chain a few weeks ago. It may not be available for the ZZZ

Screw Link

Catalog

The on-line catalog does not show it for all of the chains. On the other hand the catalog is old enough it does not show the ZZZ either.

Someone with a real listing might pipe in here to fill us in.

I'd still prefer to use a rivet style. I almost thought I could help you out, but the extra piece I have is only 4 inches. I do have an extra rivet link if you get in a bind and can't find one.

On Edit:
Looks like they make one for the ZVX. Check this link
Might call EK. I have personally installed a ZZZ master on a ZVX chain. So who knows for sure but EK.......

(Professor @ Nov. 22 2006,17:07)
(goodluck @ Nov. 22 2006,18:42)
(Professor @ Nov. 22 2006,16:18) EK makes a bolt on link kit
where can you find this at i need to stretch my 530 zzz 6 inches
I may have spoke too soon

I saw one for a 530 chain a few weeks ago. It may not be available for the ZZZ

Screw Link

Catalog

The on-line catalog does not show it for all of the chains. On the other hand the catalog is old enough it does not show the ZZZ either.

Someone with a real listing might pipe in here to fill us in.

I'd still prefer to use a rivet style. I almost thought I could help you out, but the extra piece I have is only 4 inches. I do have an extra rivet link if you get in a bind and can't find one.

On Edit:
Looks like they make one for the ZVX.  Check this link
Might call EK. I have personally installed a ZZZ master on a ZVX chain. So who knows for sure but EK.......
thanks ill let you know,

Back