i need too rivet a 530 zzz chain

w ell i ended up old schooling it with vice grips and a punch and hammer !!worked just fine. thanks for the replies.

Make sure you have the correct spreading (mushroom) on the riveted head. You dont want to crush the rivet head by compressing it too much causing a fissure (crack) or to little pressure where the link will come apart while in motion.  
AAAssjani.gif

(Rhythm @ Nov. 24 2006,16:48) Make sure you have the correct spreading (mushroom) on the riveted head. You dont want to crush the rivet head by compressing it too much causing a fissure (crack) or to little pressure where the link will come apart while in motion.  
AAAssjani.gif
i think im good .they give a space with the link that i put in and it all worked out nice. but thanks for your pictures .its nice to see up close
beerchug.gif

(Rhythm @ Nov. 19 2006,20:14) I got mine from Charles @ streetntrackimports.com one our local board sponors for a couple of dollars.

DSC02506.jpg

DSC02507.jpg

DSC02734.jpg

DSC02738.jpg

And you can get the actual riveter from www.pitposse.com for $50 if I remember correctly.
th_DSC02739.jpg
i picked up mine from pitposse. worked fine but follow the instructions carefully so you don't snap the pin when breaking the chain.

Just make sure the rivet head is grinded (using a dremel or grinder)down  flush and you shouldn't have any problem pushing the pin through using the kit.

Seriously, me and BBBUSA used his table top grinder because his dremel took a nose dive. With the rear tire removed place the grinder in between the swingarm up againts the master link rivet and grind that sucka down in less than 2 seconds.

Here a photo using my camera phone.
SSPX0024.jpg

Back