I need the dimensions of your sliders

redliner100

Registered
Greetings,
I am working with the owner of uncagedcycles.com to get his slider available for the Hayabusa.
this slider is popular on sportbikes.net forum.

I have no financial relationship with this company and am simply interested in this slider.

you can see it here (don't know how to post an active link so you may have to copy/paste)

http://www.uncagedcycle.com/servlet/the-template/techinfo/Page

in order to make this happen, I need to obtain the complete dimensions of sliders that fit the busa, as follows:

overall length of each side, (am I correct each side is different?)
diameter of the puck,
diameter of the base (these are two piece sliders with replaceable pucks)
bolt thread size and
bolt (threads) length that screws into frame.

I'm hoping someone has purchased sliders that haven't been installed yet who could provide these measurements.

thank you for any help you can offer.

redliner

Seems odd to me but
bump.gif
anyway.

not sure if it's odd. vendor tells me he is a small start up company that can make what we need if he has the dimensions. I'm figuring we benefit if we can help with the numbers.
thanks for the bump
redliner

I said odd because something like that (measurements) I'd want hands on proof (ie measure it themselves) of the numbers opposed to someone saying "when I measured it....". ....no blood no foul.

Never seen a decent slider setup for the busa.....they need to position high and be short. But the problem with the busa bodywork is that is extends too far from the frame. The slider would need to extend past that point thus positing the bike high enough to barrel roll. My position has always been, save your cash, your fairing and your time and ride the bike, insure it and deal with whatever happens if and when it happens.

question on your tests......why worry about how much your slider burned? Take the sled to a certain speed and compare the distance the slider slowed your sled to slide. I am betting the slider that burns more stops quicker. A slider is there to protect the engine....NOT plastics, scratches or scrapes. The less distance the bike slides, hopefully the less damage it will accumulate.

I would like to see more info on your product before I say anything negative about it....BUT high budget race teams have used the "old" slider design for years. If they could had made them better, they would had done it.

Suzuki4life, just want to repeat that this is not my product nor do I have any relationship to the vendor.
You may want to email your remarks/questions.

my take on the tests at his website, if the puck wears out, my plastic is next, irrespective of how far the bike slides and I'm not sure how you compare slide distance since conditions can vary so widely.

one material may slide further on asphalt, less far on macadam/concrete etc. just my 2 cents and I have absolutely no expertise in this area.

I do wish someone would come up with the numbers so we'd at least have another product to choose from.

I'm with you big-t but the board is about helping folk.

With that said... Did some one say sliders
rock.gif

DSC02641.jpg

Suzuki4life, just want to repeat that this is not my product nor do I have any relationship to the vendor.
You may want to email your remarks/questions.

my take on the tests at his website, if the puck wears out, my plastic is next, irrespective of how far the bike slides and I'm not sure how you compare slide distance since conditions can vary so widely.

one material may slide further on asphalt, less far on macadam/concrete etc. just my 2 cents and I have absolutely no expertise in this area.

I do wish someone would come up with the numbers so we'd at least have another product to choose from.
Well once again...sliders were designed to protect engines and frames....not plastics. Making them tall and causing a barrel roll defeats the purpose. Making them hard and encouraging the bike to slide allows the bike to also barrel or more of a chance to slide into something...also defeating the purpose.

Contrary to that my sliders 6" long protect my legs.

I would rather watch the bike barrel roll than to be caught under it.

Plus I like to put my feet up on them.
cool.gif

my .02

Have you ever thought about using a cage? I know they are a bit more cumbersome, but the added protection would be worth it too me. I am saving my pennies, and hoping for a design that blends a little better.
crashbar.jpg

Hey SFC Bowers.... nice bike. Paint that silver or white..... It would blend in better.... my .02

Haven't seen those before.

Post a link where you got them from.

(rlbowers3 @ Sep. 21 2006,09:14) Have you ever thought about using a cage?  I know they are a bit more cumbersome, but the added protection would be worth it too me.  I am saving my pennies, and hoping for a design that blends a little better.
crashbar.jpg
Black or the same shade of red as the "R" and the "Hayabusa" would be
cool.gif

...and add another zero to that speed limit sign!

The cage is made by Powers Stuntworx and is listed on several sites. Go to Spyder Racing and see both the 905s and the Stuntworx.

Back