I need someone to coach me through installing 007HARV on my PCII pleas

OB_Kirk

Registered
My PCII will be here in about 3 hours. I don't know very much about computers. What kind of cable do I need to do this? I found 007HARV on my computer. How do I get it from my computer into my PCII? Thanks in advance.

Once you get your PCII install the CD onto your laptop and run the tutorial. The nice helpful voice is Mike belcher and he will tell you everything you need to know.

The PCII will have the cable you need also

Don

There are a couple of things that you need to know in advance:

1. The PC2 has to be installed on the bike in order for you to upload/download maps from a PC.

2. The PC2 comes with a cable, software and some maps. As I mentioned, you upload/download maps from the PC to the PC2, after it is intalled on the bike. That means you need a laptop, or to bring the PC to where the bike is or bring the bike where the PC is.

3. If you don't have a CD-ROM in your laptop or PC, you can download the software and maps from www.powercommander.com. Specialy tailored maps like the HARV and NICK you can find at Martin2's site.

4.The bike's ignition has to be on, with the start button in the run position, and the bike in neutral (the latter part I found out the hard way). The bike doesn't need to be actually running.

5. For a quick check of your PC2 after it has been installed, see if there is a green light on in the lower left hand side of the lighting display. If you turn over the engine and rev it a little, the green light should move up the scale on the display.

Thanks. I've got a 400mhz P2. It does have a CD Rom drive. I've used simple CD Rom tutorials before. Is the cord like a phone cord? I've got about a 50' phone cord that would save me from having to relocate anything. How long is the cord that it comes with?

It's nothing like a phone cord. It's a serial cable, the kind that you would use for an modem. The one that comes with the PC2 is about six feet (not at home so I can't check).

I borrowed a laptop from work so I could remap my PC2.

no, the cord is, i think, 6 ft. you will need to get bike near pc, or visa versa. rolling bike inside your house would be easiest. your girl wont mind, trust me....
remember, bike in neutral, kill switch on, key on.
select "autoselect" for com port setting program.
once program see's power commander on bike all displays on program (eg, throttle position %) will show a number.
dont expect a whole lot out of that thing (performace wise).

Okay. Computer and bike are now less than 6' from each other. I do expect a lot from this thing. After doing the major airbox mod and the Muzzy ti exhaust system, it's running noticeably lean. It's colored the exhaust header blue/purple all the way to where it comes out of the bodywork, and I've only put about 50 miles on it, all at part throttle, never going over 150mph.

Some misinformation here. I just installed PC-II. First, the serial cable that came in the box is 10' long, with male to female 9 pin D-SUBs on each end. I replaced mine with a 25' long equivalent I purchased at a local computer store. Now I can reach from my bike in the garage to a desktop PC inside the house. I also installed the S/W on a laptop so I can work in the garage. This makes it a lot easier to work on bike while fine tuning with PC-II.

The real time monitoring displays throttle opening in percent with ignition ON & engine not running. When running, engine rpm is also displayed. With engine not running, mine read 1% to 103%, closed to full open.

You can use R/T monitoring to see the affect of the "choke" also. Mine increases the idle stop a maximum of 3% with the throttle still closed.

The installation video explains the PC-II in detail, but unfortuately excludes info about the "TP" table in the maps. Supposedly you can contact Dynojet for further info. Why not explain TP table in PC-II documentation (or video) just like all the other tables? We paid for the product, so why do we need to contact the manufacturer (always a PIA) to find out how to use it.

Most maps provided on powercommander.com website do not indicate any difference in this table either, ie. all values are zero.

[This message has been edited by Dennis D. (edited 06 August 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Dennis D. (edited 06 August 2000).]

probably a dumb question but here it goes....can you make adjustments to the pcII when out riding or in a parking lot, or is all adjustments made while hooked to the computer?

You can make "manual" adjustment using the Low, Medium and High buttons on the PC-II itself using the LED bargraph as a guide.
You must do so with the ignition switch ON, but engine not running. Thus, you cannot make changes while operating the engine.

Back