I need some new tires

Michelin Pilot road 2. My friend ronnie got 10000 out of his rear. I have 5000 on mine and its still looks good.

Whatever you do, don't run on low tire pressure. It is really, really, really dramatic when a low rear overheats & explodes on the interstate from sustained high speed combined with slow leak...... er - uh , so I've been told :whistle:

Which typical model are you asking for advice from the powers and pirellis?I am confused

So I didnt want to start a whole new thread on the subject and came across this one referencing Dynaplugs. Just thought I would share my own success story with this product. I have been carrying the Dynaplug Carbon Ultra lite kit on my bike for a while now. You never know when your going to need it and the buy in is dirt cheap. LSS I picked up a nail on one of my car tires recently and the guys at the tire shop said it was within X inches of the sidewall (truly about 1.5" in from edge of tread) and their policy was not to repair the tire. Now I just dropped nearly a grand on this set of tires less than a year ago and now they want me to buy another one. So I figured I had nothing to lose and pulled the wheel off the car and pulled the nail. It took 2 of the dynaplugs to do the deed but they worked perfectly and I have been driving on the tire for almost a month with no pressure loss, so I am calling that a win. Additionally they are safe to use with TPMS system on my car. I will be adding another kit from them for the car at earliest convenience.
http://www.dynaplug.com/carbon.html

So I didnt want to start a whole new thread on the subject and came across this one referencing Dynaplugs. Just thought I would share my own success story with this product. I have been carrying the Dynaplug Carbon Ultra lite kit on my bike for a while now. You never know when your going to need it and the buy in is dirt cheap. LSS I picked up a nail on one of my car tires recently and the guys at the tire shop said it was within X inches of the sidewall (truly about 1.5" in from edge of tread) and their policy was not to repair the tire. Now I just dropped nearly a grand on this set of tires less than a year ago and now they want me to buy another one. So I figured I had nothing to lose and pulled the wheel off the car and pulled the nail. It took 2 of the dynaplugs to do the deed but they worked perfectly and I have been driving on the tire for almost a month with no pressure loss, so I am calling that a win. Additionally they are safe to use with TPMS system on my car. I will be adding another kit from them for the car at earliest convenience.
http://www.dynaplug.com/carbon.html

You'd need to be a dumbass to use a string repair as a permanent fix...

Qualifiers *

. :thumbsup:

maxresdefault.jpg

Sport front
Sport touring rear
Wear out evenly, and front tire is much more sticky(the quarter size contact patch is all that is between you and the road). No way would I run a sport touring front, especially with 40+ psi as many do.
Dunlop Q3 front, Roadsmart2 rear.
I ran a couple sets of Q2/Roadsmart1 on my 08. Worked great, then again, I only get about 2500 out of a set, but an extra 1200-1500 out of the sport touring rear. I can't get much more than 1000 out of a sport rear on a Busa. I also only run 34-36psi front and rear. Great grip for dragging knees.
I also found the Dunlops to be far superior to the Pilots.
The Pilots handled like sh*t unless I had the psi just right for how and where I was riding at the time.
The Dunlops didn't care.
I noticed the same riding a couple gsxr1ks. Funky handling based on psi, but better wear, but only because of 120+ less lbs and 25ish less lb ft of torque.
For highway riding, maybe 38psi hot in the rear tire, still 36 hot front.
Add a lb to the rear for a passenger.
And, first and foremost, proper suspension sag.

A string repair is a "get you home" type of repair. It doesn't repair the tyre properly. Next time you ask the tyre to do some serious work it may let go. Have seen it often enough...

Ive used em a few times till the end of tyre life with no probs , I am mindfull of it tho , ive never seen one let go not saying it don't happen..

A string repair is a "get you home" type of repair. It doesn't repair the tyre properly. Next time you ask the tyre to do some serious work it may let go. Have seen it often enough...

Ive used em a few times till the end of tyre life with no probs , I am mindfull of it tho , ive never seen one let go not saying it don't happen..

As someone who has had 2 rear tires blow out when riding, with no plugs, patches, repairs. I wouldn't ride on a repaired tire any further than I had to. Especially since cruising turns to speeding in an instant, and I would quickly forget about the fix.
I do have a plug kit and small compressor I keep with me.
Great thing to have, even though I've never had to use it.

As someone who has had 2 rear tires blow out when riding, with no plugs, patches, repairs. I wouldn't ride on a repaired tire any further than I had to. Especially since cruising turns to speeding in an instant, and I would quickly forget about the fix.

Yes red and blue lights tend to cause that, AND yes blowing a tire at that time tends to be, well, embarrassing :confused: LOL

Back