" I need some help and opinions " !

Tyga318

Registered
I have a 2004 Hayabusa and I want sum blue hid headlights. I don't kno how many K its supposed to be and what are the best brands to get and that look and last the best ? Any ideas anyone ?

1507554_474581755995058_2122292114_n.jpg

5k is pure white and provides the most visibility
6k has a slight tint of blue and slight decrease in visibility
8k brighter in color and visibility is even more diminished etc. etc. As the number goes up effectiveness of the lighting goes down which as a result you will have a pretty blue headlight but won't be able to see very far in front of your bike while riding at night.

You can buy HID kits just about anywhere. Some people say don't buy the kits of ebay but I know guys who are running a $30 set of HID's for 4+years no problems and some guys spent $100+ on a supposed quality kit and they didn't last a riding season.

Me personally I would shoot 4 a kit somewhere in the middle and make sure it is installed properly. I think that matters a whole lot more than the name on the side of the box they came in :whistle:

While I have yet to add them to my busa I do have HID's in my ZX9R, and I went with the 6000k. They do have a slight blue tint to them and you can still see very well at night. Also consider, depending on where you are from, tampering with the color of the headlamps is illegal. (Just laying out the facts). That being said I bought 2 sets off of Ebay and its been 4 years running!

I will be buying mine from diodedynamics.com I ordered all my led lights for my car from them. And they already have the busa lights in whatever color you want.

Had a Mc Culloch 6k on my gen 1 and loved it but if I did it again, I would opt for the 5k to avoid that bluish hue. Make sure you mount those puppy's on the ram air ducts to avoid wacked speedo issues.

i would say 5k also they provide the best light and no worries on being illegal and also make sure to put them on the air ducts easy install as far as brands like everyone already said its a mixed review on them some last some don't ive had both

10000K is pretty blue. Got my 6000k from e-bay for $32 . Xentec is the brand. I went three years before I had to replace the bulb. They sell the kits as well as the bulbs and ballets separately.

If you want a good plug and play kit, send a pm to GIXERHP, not sure if John still has the kits but I have his kit on my 09.

Back