I need serious help

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
Guys I really screwed up tonight.  I don't know what I was thinking.  I got busted going 117 in a 55 and now I'm scared to death.  I know it is very stupid so I don't want any lectures about it.  I have to goto court next month and I need serious suggestions as to how to prepare for this.  Have any you had to goto court and if so what did you do.  I got pulled over almost a year ago and sence I've been very good staying within the "normal" highway speeds and tonight I blew it big time.  First thing in the morning I am going to find a defensive driving course and get into that so soon as I can.  Any other HELPFUL suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

One more thing he gave me a speeding ticket and a reckless driving ticket.

Dude, that is a real bummer. I would hire an attorney with a reputation in traffic tickets NOW!!! BEFORE the driving school!!!

GET A LAWYER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck!

I did just read one thing. Back in 1981 GA passed a law that states if you goto traffic school after you get a ticket and before you goto court they reduce the fines by 20% and no points on your license. You can do this once every five years.

Good luck jw. I hope that it turns out as well as it possibly can for you.

Ouch.. good thing you weren't in Florida.. lot of counties in this state arrest people for going more than twice the speed limit. Definately go to driving school to reduce points..
si.

Get an attorney (like, yesterday!)
Not sure about your state, but in Ks a WD ticket results in an automatic suspension of your DL! And if that ain't a kick in the teeth, try "Five" points against your driving record......... Your insurance company will love you. Better spend some money on a reputable attorney. Ask around for recommendations until you start hearing some of the same names. That's who you call.....

It could well come down to loosing your license. Get a good Bloodsucker... Where were you when you got the ticket, In Town, Boonies, etc?

That's some really bad news! One thing you might think of is to sell your bike. By that I mean sell it now to a buddy, transfer the title, and all that. Make it 100% legal. When you're done with your court appearance, you can buy it back. The licensing stuff may put a bit of a dent in your wallet, but if it buys you some lenience, then it's worth it.

I would imagine that if you go into court and the judge sees that you've sold the bike, he may go lenient on you. Just a thought.

Good luck. Let us know what happens.

Bad news.
Wake up call for the rest of us!
It's so easy to be doing triple digits in a flash.
How many of us have been doing 150 + lately?
In AZ they put cuffs on you, lock you in the back of the car and tow your bike! :sad:

Best of luck to you!

Ride Safe! :super:

P.S. - Good idea for a new thread...

get a lawyer

i dont know about there but here if your are going more than 20 over the limit you can take drivers course but over 20 ... you are screwed

only chance is a lawyer or some way to get out of the ticket :super:

LAWYER, you want a lawyer. A good lawyer. A really really good lawyer. And a suit, haircut etc. Speak firmly & clearly using good english. keep your temper no matter what the cop, the DA or the judge says. Get a lawyer 1st.

jw.....this really isn't my place to suggest a person who could help you out here(because of certain factors) but there is a real nice dude on the site here who probably has extreme amounts of knowledge in the area yer needin' help in , and he's near yer state...not my place to name him/her...if you can't figure it out for yerself...PM me....I might give you a hint..if its ok with them.
have a good 1....RSD.

jw.....this really isn't my place to suggest a person who could help you out here(because of certain factors) but there is a real nice dude on the site here who probably has extreme amounts of knowledge in the area yer needin' help in , and he's near yer state...not my place to name him/her...if you can't figure it out for yerself...PM me....I might give you a hint..if its ok with them.
  have a good 1....RSD.
Yep already talked to him Thanks.

have a good 1....RSD.
does this dude reside in Arizona?? :super:

have a good 1....RSD.
does this dude reside in Arizona??   :super:
Don't know the one I was talking about was Narcissus.

I did remember one thing that may or may not help. When I was pulled over the cop told my I was going 110. When he returned with the ticket he said that the last speed logged on the gun was 117 and that is what he wrote it for. How can he do this if HE didn't see me doing that speed. Just one more question for the lawyer I guess. :super:

Jim, My buddy in Seattle has been nailed 4 times in the last 2 yrs by the Ticket Nazi's ( He calls em ) Anyway he went to court and waited for his turn... he notices this attorney getting case after case dismissed... he finally strolls up to him asks for help and boom gets his case tossed too. Cost him about $350 I think and has used the guy 3 more times and off every time. Bottom line get an atty NOW! If ya dont where to look go to public traffic court and watch for one. - Kent

Jim, My buddy in Seattle has been nailed 4 times in the last 2 yrs by the Ticket Nazi's ( He calls em )  Anyway he went to court and waited for his turn... he notices this attorney getting case after case dismissed... he finally strolls up to him asks for help and boom gets his case tossed too. Cost him about $350 I think and has used the guy 3 more times and off every time. Bottom line get an atty NOW!  If ya dont where to look go to public traffic court and watch for one. - Kent
The guy I'm going to call Monday was a prosecutor for over 30 years working criminal law and traffic cases. We'll see what hw has to say.

Back