I need protection

Stealth_Busa

Registered
Ok, now that I have your attention,
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

I am looking for a cover for the Busa.

I know that the board has suggestions. Please post responses and pics.

I don't need a cover to tow, just in the garage.

Thanks in advance,

Stealth, the one and only

drink.gif
drink.gif
drink.gif
drink.gif
drink.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

drink.gif

drink.gif

drink.gif

drink.gif

I would avoid a cover ....BIGTIME . I bought my ride from a guy who used a cover , it scratches the fug ouda it .
Trust me . It isnt worth it . Yer going to pull a "Not-so-soft" fabric on/off yer bike all the time . Bad move . I'll post some pics if ya want .
It's kinda like when ya wash yer bike....use yer bare hand,they haven't invented a cloth/rag/mitt/etc...that wont scratch . If you like yer paint . Dont drag a plastic/coth whatever the frick it's made of... across it .
Dust on yer bike ? blow it off with the compressor .
Doin' nasty things in the garage(painting,sanding,etc) wheel yer Busa outside and close the door .
just me.....here it comes....

actually I have used covers before, and never had them put a scratch on the paint, car or bike. The best advice BEFORE putting a cover on, at the LEAST wipe the bike free of dirt and dust, this is the cause of most scratches to the paint, unless you just get some cheap cover that actually does scratch(then everytime the sun shines on the bike you see all those scraches and rings. If you can wash your bike and apply 2 coats of a good wax, personally I steal some of my uncles "harley glaze" it gives a nice glass-like shine aperance, too. then put the cover over it.

I can see using an air compressor to to dust or dry a bike as a bad idea, it will drive all sorts of little bits of grit and crud deeper into any little nook and crannie on your bike.  

My advice to keep crap off your ride in the garage?  Swipe your kids or a nephews "Power Ranger" or "Batman" twin fitted sheet or any 100% cotton sheet really.  Keep it freshly washed, wait till your bike cools, lay it over and tuck it in here and there.  Keeps the dust off and by and large are super soft.  Best part is there is nothing plastic or heat resistant etc to add scratches...Oh yeah and they are dirt cheap.  Just don't grab the wives favorite Satin sheets...good way to get a whooping...

<span style='color:red'>RubberHide </span>is right about allot of the covers out there, I have a buddy with a CBR 600F4, it started looking like hell within about a year, turns out you could match the scratches on his bike to the liner in the cover 1 to 1.  Sucked.

I have been wanting one of those spandex stretchy kind of covers but I can only imagine what that would do to my paint with just a tiny bit of grit...

I can see using an air compressor to to dust or dry a bike as a bad idea, it will drive all sorts of little bits of grit and crud deeper into any little nook and crannie on your bike.
I guess with everything around here , I should have included the standard warning , the ......
Holding the tip of the blow tool half an' inch frm yer paint,yer electronics,etc . Not a good idea . I like to dry vehicle's off with it (less water spots,and you can get right to waxing) . I dont see a problem simulating riding yer Busa thru an' unexpected rain shower . Water is landing on yer bike,and is being blown off by the air .
Anyway....back at the ranch , Uncle Jed is....
Anyway...back at the original topic . I got 1500$ taken off the price of my busa because the previous owner thought a low-budget crappy cover was the way to go . See pic.

cover_damage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, RSD that sucks, what was the cover made of, sand paper.
Are the same type of scratches all over the bike.
I'm pretty sure you can polish those out with a high speed buffer and some Meguires dual action cleaner/polish.
Be very careful you don't sit on one spot to long though or paint will go bye,bye "you will burn through".

I've got a DOW guardian cover. It's not cheap, I paid about 80 bucks for it. However, I only use it when I go out of town and have to park the busa outside. I see no point of using a cover on my bike in the garage. I simply wipe it down with those cloth shop towels if it gets dusty. I don't even wash it with water. I use Honda spray cleaner, which is a spray on wax and wipe-off. It cleans great and makes it easier to get grease and bugs off next time I clean it.

it was a cheap 20 buck cover...go figure...the guy was doctor.....they make ok money dont they?......why cheap out on a cover ?
The scratches are most noticeable on that 1 area, there are some here an there thou however .
I'll try the Meguire's on it...it's right across the damb decal too . Bummer .

Gotcha Rubberside,
I just had these visions of exactly what you described above, Air nozzle a few inches from your gauges, controls, heaven forbid throttle bodies or spark plugs. Sorry I should have known better.

Pictures of your garage do indicate that you have probably spent more than a couple of hours out there behind a wrench or under something with four wheels.

Be very careful you don't sit on one spot to long though or paint will go bye,bye
hee hee hee....monsta....u 2 funny . I guess , in a way, paint has already gone bye bye . Ha ha ha , u crack me up man . Too funny . I'm gonna try an' buff it out . But, it really just isnt me. Maybe ride this paint out , for the summer . This winter....it's got 2 go .

Gotcha Rubberside,
 I just had these visions of exactly what you described above, Air nozzle a few inches from your gauges, controls, heaven forbid throttle bodies or spark plugs.  Sorry I should have known better.

Pictures of your garage do indicate that you have probably spent more than a couple of hours out there behind a wrench or under something with four wheels.
Ya....I've got grease under my fingernails....Vintage 1979.
Cars ,bike's,trucks....I'll help anybody with their "ride".
If I dont know it...I'll learn it . I do a lil' work on the side,mostly just to cover the costs. I cater to ladies especially,I hate seeing them get ripped off at the local shops.
Most of the jobs I do don't work out exactly financially beneficial , if ya know what I mean . U add up electrical costs,wear n' tear on tools, oil ,grease,cleaners,anti-freeze,yadda yadda yadda .....the "Pro's" call it "shop supplies" . U add all that up, well...lets just say I wont be gettin' rich anytime soon.
11doh.gif
11doh.gif
11doh.gif

The last person's car I had in the shop ,she was real nice . A lady from work . Catherine was her name . Job took 4 hours.
When she asked how much , I said 3 hours X 20 bucks an hour equals 60 dollars , but with the "Catherine's Special Discount" it's only 30 bucks .
She insisted on giving me 75 bucks . Cool lady , very cool.
The work she needed....195$ at any local shop.
You know.....sometimes...people R awesome .
G' night peepull.....Rubber-band . hee hee hee .

11doh.gif

11doh.gif

it was a cheap 20 buck cover...go figure...the guy was doctor.....they make ok money dont they?......why cheap out on a cover ?
  The scratches are most noticeable on that 1 area, there are some here an there thou however .
  I'll try the Meguire's on it...it's right across the damb decal too .  Bummer .
RSD, is that decal cleared in or is it on top, to lazy to go out and check my bike right now.
If it's cleared in the meguires will take most of it out, if it's on top it will not take the scratches out of the sticker part.
Just be careful dude!!!!

To all,

I appreciate the responses. All of them.

But the question revolves around the fact that I have two small children, 6 & 5. They are starting to play more and more in the driveway, and to some extent in the garage.

Now they have little friends that have taken a keen interest in the Busa. And I also have a dog, she does not bother the bike, but will chase her ball under it.

Then their is the baseball bat and ball, both of the soft kind. Anyway, I figure that I need some sort of cover to try to protect the Busa. The Wife tries to, but things happen.

To whoever posted the Dowco Guardian cover, what size is that?

Thanks,

Stealth, the one and only,

coffeecup.gif

Get yourself a large Refrigerator Box, Lay it on it's side back it on in...put your bike in the Busa House... About the only thing I can think of other than building a little cage for it, from what I have heard, kids are hell on painted surfaces. Sticky little hand prints everywhere.

Back