I need Memory

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Well if anyone out there in Hayabusa land has any memory laying aroud and wants to get rid of it let me know. I need 512 or greater sticks of ECC SDram. It has to be ECC and thats the reason its so expensive. The memory is going into a compaq proliant server. This is the reason for the slowness on the board. Even though you see on the bottom of the main page that there are only 25 - 50 members on the site the is actually more since the script only updates every so often. If you guys will look back we have been seeing more and more folks on the board at the same time every week since it started getting colder. Im pretty sure that no one is going to have ECC memory at their house unless they are a comlete nerd like me. Maybe there is someone out there that works at a company that doesnt use ECC or they go to larger sticks of memory when they put a unit in production. Either way let me know if its out there. If I dont hear something pretty soon I will take care of it.

CAp

ummmm well I hate to be greedy but in a perfect world..

I have two proliant servers that each have 4 slots and I have my big server that has 16 slots.... I need to have at least four of the same thing to replace the 256 sticks that I have in there now.. a gig of ram just doesnt go as far as it used to. In the past I have had companies that just replaced 256 with gig sticks and threw the rest away.... I wonder if I could e so lucky again

Hmm, I checked, we put the big sticks in on production but then we put the little sticks into the dev servers that are lacking. I will keep my eye out just in case. Sorry.

They are pretty pricey but I will get some from Ebay or order some. No worries, if someone has it out there great, if not I will use my keen intelect and make it happen despite. It was just an option.

cap

Did a quick search, can get them online for around $80, probably find a better price looking around. What's your budget? You need 24 sticks? Ouch.
wow.gif

I'll keep an eye open (preferrably two).
thumbs-up.gif

I don't know anything about computers, but I know how to count $$$.

Let me know if you fall short!!!

I'll help!

GLADLY!

Back