I need help... answers please.

cache

Banned
my mother is a registered nurse. she is ready to volunteer her life and go to Texas to help the survivors...

I need help finding the proper channels or phone numbers, etc to get her shipped down there ASAP.

the local red cross organization is treating her like anybody off the street.... THAT IS WRONG!!!

anybody has the information, let me know asap.

thx.

I don't have the address but you should be able to get good info online with the Salvation Army...

Cache - There's an organization up in Portland; I remember hearing about it on the TV associated with the tsunami. I think it's called Northwest Medical something-or-other. I'll see what I can find...

Is there not a nurses association in Texas?
rock.gif

Yup, ain't Google a wonderful thing...

http://www.nwmedicalteams.org/

And they're apparently LOOKING FOR medical professionals to volunteer...

Sounds right up your Mom's alley.

Tell her it's a wonderful thing she's doing - and I'll bet your very proud of her.
smile.gif

Man,,,,that is great. She must be a great lady!! I wish I had the resources to go help. That is what makes the U.S. a great place!!!

I just sent an email to a friend who works with Emergency Services / Homeland Security here in Los Angeles; I'll let you know if she knows anything...

Nurses are likely what they don't need. USAR, Dive Rescue, FF's/EMT's, LEO's, stuff like that.
wink.gif

Got a call today for a two month stent and declined.
wink.gif

Would love to help but this one has a different feel to it, somethings not right down there and it's just too dangerous right now.

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125647413 -->

Cant help you on that one Chris!! But really nice to know that your mom is ready to go and help people who are in need... Wish the world ahd more people like her ...

thanks everybody!

the nwmedicalteams was pretty much what I was lookin for. gave her their number, and the one shortBoarder gave me(although their phone is busy all the time).

mr.b- TNA
laugh.gif

Cache,

What your mom is doing is great, but please, keep her out untill the Guard units arrive and are in place.

Tell her thanks.

Later,

Steve

Back