i need an intank fuel pump!!

Ice3460

Registered
Hey guys, I've been looking everywhere for the last 3 days trying to find a 2001 to 2007 fuel pump. I have a 2000 external but want to convert it to the intank pump. I can't find the full assembly anywhere except new for a ridiculous amount of money. If anyone knows where I can find one, I would greatly appreciate it!

Used is fine btw!
Ebay unless you want to spend several hundreds on new one. I ppurchased used and put new pump in it and I had to pull it and install a new regulator a year later if I were to do it again used I would put a new pump and regulator on it

I dont mean to sound like an idiot. Ive just never really messed with my fuel system on a bike. If my fuel pressure regulator is bad on my external..will a new aftermarket external fix that issue?

Bikes bogging out at 3000 rpms. It starts up and idles fine without the vacuum line hooked up to the fuel pressure regulator. Wont start with the vacuum line hooked up. Ive replaced fuel injectors, and all filters inside the fuel pump , as well as spark plugs. Its definitely a fuel issue though

I figured I would just put a new internal pump in and fix the issue. But if your idea works then I'll just do that. If someone can post exactly what I need that would be great

You'd have to cut a hole in the bottom of your tank and weld the fitting for a new one in. If you are dead set on using a stock internal pump, your best bet would be to find a 01+ tank to swap on. Then you'd have to figure out how to make the wiring work. Buy an aftermarket pump and regulator, it'll be easier, better and probably cheaper.

Back