i need an answer quick about my rear brake light

mynewride

Registered
i have an 08 that i want to put in bright leds in the brake light. i have it apart and really need to get it finished. the problem is i cant figure out how to access the lamps in the housing.

help pls pls pls

thanks

LOL we both were posting about taillight problems at the same time hopefully somebody can help us out

The front one and the the turn signal housings will come apart if you apply heat to them. I put the headlight housing in the oven at 200 degrees and I used a hair dryer to seperate the turn signals housings. just heat, seperate and then reheat to put them back together. I was going to try the tail light on my 08 but then decided against it. If that helps any I don't know, but it appears like the tailight is assembled the same way. There are already leds in there I believe. If you can find any that are brighter than those already inside and make it work, please pm me or let us know. I would like to put the smoked lense cover on mine, but only if i can get them a lot brighter. Good Luck.

they are made by auto illumination. 7 watt 2 stage led. they use something called eagle eye led's. supposed to be very bright. ill sell them to ya if you want em. i have no need for them now.

they are made by auto illumination. 7 watt 2 stage led. they use something called eagle eye led's. supposed to be very bright. ill sell them to ya if you want em. i have no need for them now.

Why no need for them now?

I bought a smoked LED tailight(matches my smoked turn signals, and blends great with the gray/black color) for my 08 and put it in last week. They're also available in clear. Got it new off ebay for $40, I've seen them all over ebay for up to $160 for the same thing. I think it looks great and it's really bright, and the quality is as good as stock. It also has integated turn signals, but I chose not to connect those, the tailight is plug n play.
Just an option if you cant' get yours apart.

I bought a smoked LED tailight(matches my smoked turn signals, and blends great with the gray/black color) for my 08 and put it in last week. They're also available in clear. Got it new off ebay for $40, I've seen them all over ebay for up to $160 for the same thing. I think it looks great and it's really bright, and the quality is as good as stock. It also has integated turn signals, but I chose not to connect those, the tailight is plug n play.
Just an option if you cant' get yours apart.

link please.:rulez:

Back