I need a wiring harness or a gun.

turbojonn

Registered
I've had my bike to the shop 8 times since September. I've had two mechanics give up. I have a good one now but in the mean time I have replaced the ecu, pc2, stator and rectifier. The stator was the latest item I replaced. Now that that wrks it has become evident that the wiring harness is shorting somewhere. There's still a glich and flicker at 3500 rpm which results from a short somewhere. The wires coming out of the stator were fried. Now I have to find a 99 wiring harness...and hope that does it. What the he## else could there be left to replace. I feel like I'm buying a 99 Busa one part at a time! I think if I shoot it in the gas tank it should die pretty quick. Although, as far as my luck with this bike goes it will most likey catch fire and burn down my neighbors house.
I still love this bike but the honeymoon is over. There, I feel better now. I'll schedule another therapy session with the Doctor before I leave. Anybody have a 99 harness? How about an elephant gun?

Wish I had one to get to ya. I have a 99 as well that I'm rebuilding. Crossin my fingers that I don't have any problems with it.

All I have is the one that came from the wreck. A couple of the plugs are smashed and some wires have nicks in them, but with enough love and TLC, it can be fixed.

I dunno if you wanna try it, but it's somewhere to start.

John wanna know a easy way to source you harness glitch?wrap your harness in sections wit a towel and see if it's a frame ground,start at one end and see as u cover each section if the problem still occurs,soon as it stops remove the towel from the last section and split harness there and you will find yor broken wire or bad connector...
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142578878 -->

John wanna know a easy way to source you harness glitch?wrap your harness in sections wit a towel and see if it's a frame ground,start at one end and see as u cover each section if the problem still occurs,soon as it stops remove the towel from the last section and split harness there and you will find yor broken wire or bad connector...
biggrin.gif
That's a real nice idea! Good tip, GC...I'll keep this one in mind.

I am blown away by the support and generosity I continue to encounter on this board. You guys are awesome.

Back