I need a front tire.

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I need a new front tire, don't need to change the rear it's in good shape. I don't drag my knee is corners but I don't want a rock hard tire. I'd like to have the traction if I ever have to lean it over farther than I normally go.

i am not an expert on this but is it ok to have two different tires ?i thaught the threads should match up.  some info would be great

<!--EDIT|ROCKBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081825194 -->

i like the d208's ,some people don't like the sharper profile of the d208 fronts(it "falls"into the turns a little more)but they make me feel confident and they don't seem to push the front end as much.they seem too have plenty of grip(i have not had any scary traction moments with them;had alot with the oem's,they slid like mad all the time;especially while braking)
front and rear tires are designed to work together,but i think you will be ok so long as you don't totally mismatch the tire styles;i.e. having a hard compound touring tire on the front and a soft sport tire on the rear.
racers have been known to put different tire compounds front and rear to alter a bike for different track conditions,just don't be drastic about it

PREF. WITH THE SAME MANUFACTURER
smile.gif

I would suggest replacing both tires as opposed to just changing the front. If you get a BT010 on the front then you are going to need a new rear long before the front wears out. Then you would need to buy a new rear to match the front and then you are still stuck with the OEM tires. If money is an issue then you should replace the front with the type or brand that you want to have in the future, assuming they have the same type of profile. There are better tires for about the same price as the OEM ones. I like the Metzler Sportec M1's, they handle nicely and warm up quickly.

Money is an issue, and I do want to get the type/brand/profile that I want in the future.  I am not worried about having missmatched front/rear, I know the reasons not to and will ride appropriately until the rear gets changed out.  But I definately want to get the front tire that doesn't wear out in a month(i don't drag my knee anyway) and I definately want a tire with grip(oem's are to hard-they slip on me sometimes!!).  Looking for something in between.  So far the suggestions are;
1)bt010
2)d208
3)metzler sportec M1
                           anyone like others types of tires???
                           anyone like one of these three??

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: "bad english"|1081886251 -->

Another fan of the Metzeler Sportec M1 here. Just put a brand new set on last week. There are a lot of tires out there and personally, I don't feel you can go wrong by going with a Metzeler, Michelin Pilot, or a Pirelli Diablo.

Brian

I haven't heard a lot about the Michelin Pilot or Pirelli Diablo. Do they wear down fast, too sticky?? I don't want to buy new tires every two months.

I just ordered a M-1 P Spec for the front. The back has the Bridgestone Stock type 200. (Can't remember 010.020 or what) Will I be okay? I am having the tire put on at the end of the week and I couldn't afford to replace the rear yet.

Cloud

Usually it is 2 backs to one Front. Then when the second back is gone it is time for the front. I will replace the back once and then go to a new full set.

All the makes are good I run BT 12's and going to try the BT 14's this time around when I get my new wheels.

Depends on the rider (skill, weight, & style)...
Some brands mentioned here on the boards. $ high performance, * sport-touring
! drag-racing
Pirelli DIABLO $$
Pirelli DIABLO CORSA $$$
Metzler ME-Z4 *
Metzler RENNSPORT RACE $$$
Michelin HPX $$
Dunlop D208ZR *
Avon AV49 SP*/$
Avon AV49 SP PRO $$
Avon AV46 **
Mickey thompson !
Cheng shin !
bridgestone BATTLEAXE (OEM) $/*

I have used the stock BT's, a set of BT010's, a set of HPX's and now M1's. My favorite tire of the bunch has been the HPX's. The only drawback is they wear out so fast. The M1's offer an excellent grip plus more wear than the HPX's.

Just my .02.....  

Vman

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082145901 -->

I'm thinking about running a bt10 front with a Avon Azaro rear.

Any thoughts on this?

Back