I need a boost sensor (MAP)

Kevin Jones

Registered
3 bar delco? Its going to go to my WEGO with the 0-5v input, the last available one. Can anyone tell me a part # that they have used before? Daytona Sensors is closed today.

Got it in and wired. If anyone else has a gen 1, with that GM part # you need a 5v input (DONT DO 12v). You also have a 0-5v output which is what the device reads from the sensor. And a ground. The blue wire for the TPS on the gen 1 or the red wire for the factory map sensor are one and the same just split up in the harness. They both output 5v. I ran the vacuum line to the nipple of a capped throttle body. Will test and show a pic of AFR vs boost tmrw hopefully. Want to boost it tonight but I am smoked. Didnt make it to the 2 stage clutch either.

No, didn't make it. Shorted out the ecu as far as I can tell. It is very warm and giving me error codes across all sensors. I removed the map sensor and disconnected ecu to reset and plugged back in with same results. I can only guess there is a ground problem on the circuit board inside the ecu. All black with white leads from the ecu have continuity to ground but the plain black line does not. No signal is going to the fuel pump relay. One thing I did that was ignorant was to test the 5v circuit with a test light instead of a meter since my meter leads didn't have the sharp points. In essence, I grounded with a load the 5v output line from the ecu when I did that. Learning experience. Get the pointy test leads for your meter. A test light and an ecu is a bad match. Or the map sensor shorted it out. I had it wired correctly by the instructions.

5v sensor output should be able to cope with direct gnd , its a low current output , i have tested and screwed up 5vpower & gnd on various suzukis more than once with no ill effect
it would not like 12v though

5v sensor output should be able to cope with direct gnd , its a low current output , i have tested and screwed up 5vpower & gnd on various suzukis more than once with no ill effect
it would not like 12v though

Oz, maybe it isnt toast. I am getting errors, which I guess is a good sign. c13-15, 21-23, and 31. Consistently. I can unhook it, leave it alone for a while and come back and replace and it will give same errors. I am combing through the wiring diagram, looking for some consistency. A ground or something.

Grounds look good. Everything seems to jive with that. It is a 5v issue. One wire common to all of the above except gear position sensor is black/brown but they have continuity to ground when the ecu is hooked up. Not without.

Yes thats the sensor gnd , it gives the ecu a reference that makes the sensors more accurate ,
does your red 5v wire have 5 v still ,

Used ecu arriving today. I honestly think everyone with a gen 1 should probably have a spare to keep around if this stuff happens. I spent a lot of time trying to diagnose in the hopes that it wasnt the ecu. I wasnt able to find anything and I hope it wasnt but as thorough as I was, I dont see what I could have missed. Just so weird.

Popped in another ecu and hooked the power commander back up. Fired right up. Back in biz. Will monitor with my wego and datalog to see what cruise AFR is. If Johnny didnt take the time to do much to my ecu before my tune, I may be able to get close to what it was without the old ecu flash.

Back