i miss my 'bus :(

O Holy P

Registered
Anyone else out there that has a job that keeps them away from home for long periods of time (military is a given)? I took an aerial surveying gig flying all over North America and sometimes it really sucks being away from home. I'm in Memphis right now and the weather here has been crap for the past few days and generally since I've been here (arrived late Feb.). I just want to get this project over with and move on. June can't come soon enough, that's when the season is over...but then I gotta look for something else to keep me busy.

Most of all though, I can't get my natural high when I need/want it by taking a ride. :banghead:

Ya Brother, but just look at what is waiting for you when you get home !!!! :super: :super: :super:

Thank you for serving......:bowdown:

I totally understand. I am a Civilian Contractor in Iraq (this trip anyways) and do 1 year at at time away. I get to come home every 6 months for 24-30 days depending on flights and what not. So I understand, then to make it worse I always order stuff and it ships to the house and I get to wish I was home installing it onto the bike......lol
Take Care flying up there and have fun. Say hello to Elvis for me :whistle:

Just think of the brothers who were able to look at their bikes and could not ride them. I don't know which is worse.

Anyone else out there that has a job that keeps them away from home for long periods of time (military is a given)? I took an aerial surveying gig flying all over North America and sometimes it really sucks being away from home. I'm in Memphis right now and the weather here has been crap for the past few days and generally since I've been here (arrived late Feb.). I just want to get this project over with and move on. June can't come soon enough, that's when the season is over...but then I gotta look for something else to keep me busy.

Most of all though, I can't get my natural high when I need/want it by taking a ride. :banghead:

This sucks as you are from FL and we can ride year round. Hope the next gig leaves you in town, maybe we can ride out sometime?:thumbsup:

I'm feeling the burn too buddy, had to unload my '05 in Feb to get some cash allocated for bills. I'm trying to find another one now but pickins are slim in the Busa bracket for a $3K budget :(

Hell I'd even take one stuck in reverse right now :laugh:

At least you dont spend every winter staring at it in your garage wishing to hell it would at least get up to 50 or so. Winter in Illinois sucks.

At least if I was there I could work on it or clean it or just stare at it. I've got a vacation coming up at the end of April, can't friggin' wait.

Back