I might "add a motorcycle" to my garage!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
This happened in the strangest way. I stopped in a local 5 brand mega motorcycle store a couple of days ago and had a chat with the mgr.(knew him from years ago bike purchase) Seems that 7 years ago they changed from Aprilia to Ducati dealer and proceeded to sell out of all the Aprilias.....except one......a 2007 RSV Mille, "factory" edition. Still off in a corner, unsold. When I saw it, I fell in love! Just a rare Italian bike with all Ohlins, Brembo, carbon fiber, Oz wheels, a SEVEN year old BRAND NEW bike with no electronics, 140 hp Rotax V twin in 408 lb. bike. What a fun twisties bike! And the price I offered him is stupid low! Anyways, more later if I pull the trigger! Doyle

146_0701_05_z+2007_aprilia_rsv_1000_r_factory+outdoor.jpg

Not a ad bike but they did have their "issues"

Bleeding and rebel ending the cluch on low mileage bikes
and something about the rear brake spring to mind.

Have a read up on the owners forum.
Not saying "don't do it" just check what your taking on.

Can't find my mates write up but this mentions it too...
2007 RSV mille.. problems?

Thanks so much for that heads up Tony! For me, small potatoes on the haudraulic issue, very fixable. Yeah, this is not a "hose it off and ride it" type motorcycle. But, strangely, I gravitate towards quirky equipment, don't know why. Re: this bike, it would be "forth up" in my garage, just a scooter that, when in the mood on a warm day, could take it to the mountains and rip up (alone), nothing more than that. And I can snag it for a price so reasonable that I don't feel comfortable saying how much in public! Doyle

good luck with however it works out :beerchug:

have you included the prices on all of the mods you are going to end up doing to it...................because you know you're going to end up going down that road :poke: :laugh:

good luck with however it works out :beerchug:

have you included the prices on all of the mods you are going to end up doing to it...................because you know you're going to end up going down that road :poke: :laugh:

I don't know what you're talking about! (actually, windscreen, lsl handlebar kit, Corbin, maybe Ventura luggage system, pipes, PC V, K&N, maybe you're right.)

AND, let me answer a question before it gets asked. Why Ventura luggage system? If you've used it, you'll know what I mean by the following....the system allows mondo cargo transport yet disappears in minutes when at your destination. From where I live, it takes 3-4 hours to get to the incredible NorCal coastline where there are so many great bike roads. A few times I've ridden the Interstate to the coast, got a good motel/bungalo on the beach, dumped my gear then did a couple day rides from the motel with my unladen sportbike (carrying only cell, ipod, firearm, id and water), exploring the Coastal range (did it on the Busa before). The Ventura system is perfect for my sport touring style, oh yeah, it doesn't touch ANY part of the motorcycle surfaces when mounted. (I would not get red luggage as depicted below!)

14-tn.jpg

13.jpg

Last edited:
Back