I made the trip again

00busaTX

aegri somnia, and proud member of P. E. A.
Donating Member
Registered
Well, my mother said that all she wanted for her b-day was for me to come up and see her. I am in Texas and she is just outside of Kansas City. I thought about it for a second and decided to surprise her. It was a great trip, traffic was light, and I got to hang out with my folks friday and Sat.

Friday morning I left Dallas at 4:30 am and arrived at 12:30 pm.... My mother had no clue that I was going to be there and when she saw me, I thought she was going to haa heart attack. Her voice was sore from screaming. Saturday I hung out with all my family and I left at 5:45 am on Sunday.

When I rolled into Texas at 1:00, the temp was already 100 and the only thing that saved me was the Scala Q2 which kept me busy and the camel pack that was on my back full of ice water.

The bike ran perfect (Thanks Cloud Nine) and here is a little pic of the odometer for the trip.

080717_miles_A.JPG

And the gas mileage for the entire trip. This number was higher and the best I got was an even 50.0 on one tank. The best speed for gas savings was about 60 mph. the faster you go the worse it gets as proven by the pic....
laugh.gif

080717_gas_A.JPG

Very nice surprise for your mother! Where did you start from in Texas?

Thought it had to be around there judging from the total travel time and comments on gas mileage. Have always wanted to make that trip on the Busa, but have only been able to do it by cage.

Thought it had to be around there judging from the total travel time and comments on gas mileage.  Have always wanted to make that trip on the Busa, but have only been able to do it by cage.
Let me know, I love that trip. It is cheap and fun. Let me know... I am always up for a trip, as is a few others around here.

Back