I made a custom fairing design... let me know what you think.

Did you get new dash panels or using stock? reason I ask is I had a set on my last busa form China and the stock panels had big gaps on the new fairings

The black plastic bits last time I don't think I used from the fairing kit. They were thinner than OEM.

Fairings came in... 4 days shipping =)

There are some paint defects, so its not anywhere near 100%, but for what I paid, I'm not going to complain much. I need to do an oil change, clean up the bike, and then I can install the fairings... They came with heat shielding already installed.

Full album here:

Custom Fairings - Album on Imgur

Sample pics:

TnGbUCb.jpg

hTTAdnL.jpg

t1Kr4L6.jpg

aCQBjAN.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent. Who did you use?
I got a set made up in China as well...

20150918_175047_zpsxy5a6fls.jpg

20150919_150408_zpsbrz6alkf.jpg

Pretty good fit, but the plastic is more brittle than the OEM Suzuki fairing

This is the seller I used:

Parts for Honda Bike, Parts for Kawasaki Bike items in bliss-star-express store on eBay!

I dropped my bike with the last set of fairings from him, no cracks, but there was obviously paint damage from it. The fairings aren't exactly like OEM in terms of flexibility, they seem stiffer (less flex though they still flex). I really have no complaints.

From the install last time, the tail section was a ***** to install, but its possible OEM is also a pain - I don't have any reference. I eventually got it on and no modifications were needed.

I am picking up a 3M clearbra kit for the new fairings this evening. Will need to pick up oil and oil filter, and maybe this weekend I'll be able to do the install. Odds are against it though due to time limitations. We shall see!

The really cool part is that seller offers most any stock color you'd want. Or can even create your own. Plus the price is crazy cheap.

Started to install last night.

Tail is on. Plasti dipped the frame black.

Next I need to do an oil change, then I can swap the nose and install the side fairings.

tWCrcxZ.jpg

Cleaned the rims, new rim tape. Oil change, new grips. Waxed, clear bra installed. Its done for the year.

375607-a4ff60759eceb266e2083c2ec80b3e46.jpg

Came out great! Digging the wheel stripes too. Making me want to get a set of plastics for mine, especially since they have most every stock color option.

I think it looks great, and nicely priced to try out something new...can't complain too much, right?

I like it; one of a kind!

That's beautiful. .. gives the bike a bit of a retro style without being retro. .. you should design and sell these for a profit.... it's that good!

So this type of plastic, do you notice them feeling lighter than stock? Not that you might save all of about 2-4 ounces.... LOL

Looks pretty damn good, especially when you consider getting the whole works for
the price of an OEM side cover/fairing. Ya done good..!! :hello:

Back