I love riding without a Helmet...Wrong??

Status
Not open for further replies.

StwBusa

Banned
Living in Texas I have the "luxury" of choosing whether to wear my helmet or not and I must say that most often I do not... I love the feeling it gives me,,the lack of restriction of vision and the feeling of being at one with my bike...My helmet just seems to rob me of this.... Thought Guys???

Windscreen points the wind directly into my face... rippling my skin to the point of extreme discomfort or pain. Scrambled eggs? No thanks. Do what you like though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Living in Texas I have the "luxury" of choosing whether to wear my helmet or not and I must say that most often I do not... I love the feeling it gives me,,the lack of restriction of vision and the feeling of being at one with my bike...My helmet just seems to rob me of this.... Thought Guys???

do you have your flame suit on? and get that extra nearby. Then again, it is your right and choice. Best of luck.

P.S. You think this guy wished he was NOT wearing a helmet?

00000013.jpg

Last edited:
Here in Michigan we have the helmet law, but i ride in Ohio also where there is no helmet law and i gotta say its nice to take off the lid on the 2 lane back roads and just cruise but on the freeway helmet for sure.

:laugh:well i cant say for you but for me i like me good look and all :whistle: so i been told and would hate to hit the road at and speed and mess all this up so i wear a helmet :cheerleader:

To each, his own, but I would not be here today if I didnt have a helmet on.

i've skipped the helmet for a sunday morning cruise to church. maybe a mile and a half, speed limit of 35 and below. anything other than that and it's full gear. i'm glad i was wearing my helmet when i had my down. smacked my head on the asphalt so hard it bounced. my first thought was "damn i'm glad i wore my helmet today"

People have discussed and argued about this on many forums and it comes down to this we should have the right to choose and be accountable for our own dicisions. So i say to each his own.

The only time I didn't wear my helmet was this year at bike week down in Myrtle Beach. But you're only cruising there no speeding. I want do it again though!

If we all thought the same way as the OP there would be a number of us Grave Yard Dead today, me included!

Nuf Said! :beerchug:

i ride how i feel most comfortable. sometimes i feel safer without a helmet. sometimes i don't. it all depends where and how im riding.
i do alot of night riding/just cruzin in the summer, and looking through protectave lenses and the face shield is hard on my eyes; so during those rides i go helmetless. when i travel a helmet just works well with the bike, so i wear one.

it does help to have a good selection of helmets, or atleast 1 really nice one that fits and works well for ya.
i hated the off and on with the helmet everytime i stopped so i got a nice (expensave) scorpion flip up helmet. i like it alot. and there is no warmer hat than a good helmet.

in the end, YOU are free to choose what is best for YOU.:thumbsup::brave:

i would suggest you wear as much protectave gear as your ego will allow.:beerchug:

A Shoei RF-1000 saved my life in April. There's no way I could ever ride without a good helmet. Good luck with your decision, but I'm afraid it's a foolish one.

You don't lose any field of vision with a good helmet, you can hear the bike BETTER with a helmet on.

So what other lame excuses do you have for being a squid???:banghead:

Buy a quality helmet and wear it every time you ride.

You don't lose any field of vision with a good helmet, you can hear the bike BETTER with a helmet on.

What excuses do you have for being rude:moon:

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with this statement. Helmets absolutely limit your field of view. Unless you have no peripheral vision, then maybe you don't miss it.

And once again, I have to trott out the tired old details. The mere fact that we ride motorcycles means we are at far greater risk of dying, helmet or not. For us to criticize someone for taking an additional risk is somewhat hypocritical.

pot-kettle.jpg

If safety was the primary concern, none of us would be riding in the first place.

To each, his own, but I would not be here today if I didnt have a helmet on.

A Shoei RF-1000 saved my life in April. There's no way I could ever ride without a good helmet. Good luck with your decision, but I'm afraid it's a foolish one.

+1 on the above. A Shoei Rf1000 saved my noodle in September of this yr as well. My head smacked the back of the truck so hard it about knocked me out.
Without it on I doubt that now months later I would be able to type this.
I understand about the difference in the feeling of freedom and air in your hair and all that. Sure it's fun. But go stand out in your driveway, fall over backwards and allow your head to hit the concrete. Not even moving , not even on a motorcycle just standing up then fall over. You could crack your head and die just from that so I dont agree with the philosophy of some that just a cruise under 35 or below certain speeds is any safer. On a bike without a proper helmet and you risk your life every time you ride .
I would simply ask the Op if they have any family ?
Do you not have kids a wife or someone special to come home to ?
It's your choice to ride without a helmet but I think it a bit selfish because if you crash the chances of you suffering a head injury is great. If you survive someone may have to take care of your incapable self.
Lastly I just don't see how you can ride without a lid on as almost every time I ride I hit it once or twice . Even in first or second gear for a second or so I would think the wind , turbulence and cacophony of sound you would hear would be overwhelming ?

Are you the same clown who said that you weren't impressed by your Busa?
You clearly only ride your bike at a top speed of 30mph. Do us all a favour and just go buy a Harley.

And I agree with FlatlandBusa: a well-made helmet does not impair your field of vision, at least not enough to make a difference to your riding style. I use a Shoei, which has excellent peripheral clearance.

Last edited:
My helmet saved my life 8 months before my daughter was born. That was 19 years ago. Won't ride without a fullface helmet regardless of outside temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back