I know I been away awhile,

PACIFICBUSA

The Shaver Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Sorry I been away all this time. Hope you guys are all doing great.
smile.gif

I could go into a whole big spill about life and work and things being hectic, but I'll spare you all the agony of reading it and get straight down to the nitty gritty.

At 1215am, April 11, 2008, I lost a good man.

He taught me everything I know...everything from being a good man to being a good father. He helped me with my son...in fact, if it hadn't been for him, there would be no way that I would have been able to get the Busa up and running as quickly as I did.

Without him, I would be just another lost soul...another detriment to society. He stood by us...not a single complaint, always devoted and always patient. Always ready to show me that you can't just force things to happen, but that you needed to be patient and work through it.

A patient man...beyond measure. For 28 years he sacrificed his life for me...and raised me like his own son. Like I mentioned earlier, there was nary a word of complaint...I was not his blood son, but he sacrificed and devoted his life to me like I was.

He was a father...in every sense of the word. To him, I am nothing...just a poor example of all he taught me and a perfect example of a wayward son. He kept on loving me, though...and kept on trying to teach me. It's a damn shame that I only realized it just a couple of years before the Big Man upstairs decided to call him home. Funny how life works out like that sometimes.

I took him for granted and never really realized that all along, he WAS my father. In everything I did, he was there. Through every trial and every lonesome time, he was there. He was every bit a father to me as my biological father was...and perhaps even more.

He was suffering for the last couple of months...and yet through it all he only said that it was God's way of giving him graces to prepare him for Heaven. And not once in that entire time did he ever lash out at us.

It tore me up to see him the way he was. And it hurt like nothing I've ever known to see him slowly deteriorate and slowly make his journey home. I've never cried like this in my life.

He's gone now...he's in a better place with no suffering. I know I should be happy, and in a way I am. But a really big part of me wants to be selfish and wants to bring him back. I wanted my son to grow up with him...to know where I came from and who taught me about being a man and about being a father. He never spoke much, but led by example in everything he did.

Dad...I'm sorry I wasn't there for you more. And I'm sorry I wasn't there when you left. I hope you'll forgive me for all that I did to you...and for all the times I hurt you. Please just know that I love you...and that I'll miss you. I've lost one of the brightest lights of my life...and it will never be the same. I love you...

Be at peace, Dad...and if you could, please look in on me from time to time. Help me to be the example to my son that you'd like me to be...hopefully when we meet up again you can clap me on the back and tell me you're proud of me. Be with me in my life...and pray for me at the time of my death.

David Rosario Mafnas...thank you for all you've done for me and my family. Thank you for all you've done for your family. I love you...and I'll miss you.

Rest in Peace, Dad...please know that your family loves you and misses you.

Please know that I love you...and that I miss you. I'll be waiting to be able to see you again.

I love you...

I'm sorry for the long read, folks...just felt like I had to let you all know just who I was talking about. The only thing I'm asking for is that if you would be so kind, please remember my family in your prayers...most especially my father. I pray that he's in a better place now...and that there is no more pain or suffering. Please also remember my mother...this is especially hard for her as this is her second time losing a husband. My father was a good man...an awesome father and a perfect provider. I can only hope that someday I can be half the same to my son...

If you want to do anything, please just remember him and my family in your prayers...that's all I ask. And please pray that this thick-headed son of his finally gets around to getting his act together and starts acting more like his father did. Lord knows I could sure use the prayers.

Thanks for listening to me and letting me vent...and I'm sorry for not being around more. Forgive me for the that.

paul

I have spent the last two days at the hospital with my father. I think he will make it, but his life will be forever changed. Thank you for your thoughts, and my prayers go out to you.

Hey Paul.

My heart goes out to you. I will say a prayer for your pops man.

I'm sure your dad is very VERY proud of his son!

Take care of yourself.

Matt

Prayers out for your dad, you, and the family.

Sorry for your loss Paul.

Thanks, guys...I appreciate it.  
thumb_up.gif

The funeral and burial is this Tuesday starting at 10am.

Please pray that I have the strength to be strong for my family.

Very sorry to hear this news, Paul, but it its good to know that you're still with us.
Prayers sent for your father lookin down over you, and for you n tha fam-keep them looking UP bro, you can do it
beerchug.gif

dont be a stranger bro, but we understand things take time to heal.

and it's about time for beddy-bye. 0130 and guess I should get some rest.

Thanks again for letting me vent. I'll catch up with you guys in a bit...

paul

Sorry for your loss Pac. You and your family are in our prayers!

Paul my friend, so very sorry for your loss. I feel your pain, I too lost my step father a couple years ago and he was the man that raised me and stood by me when my real father didnt. You words were very touching and your family is in my prayers. Take care and please stay in touch. - Kent

Sorry to hear it, Paul! Unfortunately these things happen, but remember he is in a better place now. Let me know what I can do. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Hey Brudda,

So sorry to hear that you lost your father, I hope that you and your
family get through this and remember all the good times...he did a GREAT
job in raising you. Prayers sent  
peace.gif

Rich

Glad to see you posting, wish it was for a happier occasion. Will be thinking of you and your family

I'm really sorry for your loss. I think the best way to honor your Dad would be to live like he did. Teach your son as he taught you and be a good example of what kindness is all about!

Paul, you're in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry you're going through so much pain.

....And please pray that this thick-headed son of his finally gets around to getting his act together and starts acting more like his father did. Lord knows I could sure use the prayers.

Thanks for listening to me and letting me vent...and I'm sorry for not being around more. Forgive me for the that.

paul
Your heartfelt post tells us that you're already getting your act together. I've always associated your unique avitar with a person with a good heart. Be strong and take heart...your .org family cares deeply.

Back