I just watched as they loaded my bike for Germany

mrjoeys50

Registered
That was the most stress I've had in a while. For starters the movers said they never loaded one before...... thats NOT a good start. They shoved it into a small box and caught the bottom fairing on some wood and kept trying to shove. My bike has a very nice and detailed airbrush job, I tried to explain if they scratch it, you cannot just repaint one piece. It looks like they did not scratch it, we will see. Then they were trying to move the box over to make room for other things..... and almost tipped it. :banghead: Yeah it's tied down inside (after I showed them how), but you cant tip the dang thing. This is why I hate moving. Wish me luck org, nothing like waiting for 2 months wondering what is going on with your stuff:please:

Re: I just watched as the loaded my bike for Germany

Just hope that is shows up on the other end! FWIW< I hope that you make sure that your inventory sheet shows NO damage to the bike. Do not let them make a bunch of "smudges/rubs" annotations on the inspection sheet. This is their way to cover their :moon: in the event that something does happen. Also, it's good to hear that they brought and closed the crate to your bike iunstead of loading a bunch of your stuff inside with the bike later on!

Know that you are on pins and needles now but will be all :laugh: when you start riding in Germany. Best of luck on the move!!:beerchug:

yeah they actually asked if they could just tie the bike down in the moving truck and crate it when they got back.... I just chuckled and told them it has a 3k paint job and I would like them to crate it here. They were upset and I overheard them in the garage saying "who would pay that much for a motorcycle paint job" to be honest though it would not matter if its a 5 dollar paint job.... i want it the same way I shipped it...this sucks

" Yea Ole " hole in the fence is Looking better by the minute ,:whistle:

yeah they actually asked if they could just tie the bike down in the moving truck and crate it when they got back.... I just chuckled and told them it has a 3k paint job and I would like them to crate it here. They were upset and I overheard them in the garage saying "who would pay that much for a motorcycle paint job" to be honest though it would not matter if its a 5 dollar paint job.... i want it the same way I shipped it...this sucks

OMG! That whole scenario would make me so nervous. :11zhuh:
Good luck and let us know how it all turns out. :please:

What part of Germany, I will be heading back to Wiesbaden in DEC.

yeah im nervous for you just reading the thread. make them surround it in memory foam. i bet if it were their paint job it wouldnt get scratched. good luck on the move.

Going to Ramstein, like most of you said if it makes it should be some good riding.... I will actually get to turn:thumbsup: lol

Make sure you study for the license test! its not real easy...

You'll enjoy riding the roads in Germany once it gets there. I hate the thought of my bike being loaded in a box (even by competent people), so I feel your pain. My prayers that it is as clean when it arrives as when it left. :please:

Too bad i didn't get to scoot around with you man. I'm in your local area and I work at Eglin lol. You will really really enjoy Ramstein man.:beerchug::beerchug:

Hope it all works out for you. Attached are two key regulation covering the DL requirements in Germany; also what community are you being assigned too? PM me if you need some more information/questions the custom office is located in my bldg.

Attachments

• AEF190-1I.pdf
    109.6 KB · Views: 286
  • AER190-1_1002182!.pdf
    598.5 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:

I assume you took VERY detailed pics and/or videos of the bike before it was loaded? Best of luck with the bike's trip.
P.S. I had a nightmare experience when I shipped a bike from California to Guam: bike is a piece of furniture for the movers. And they sure did cram/jam/shove/wedge anything and everything around the bike...so no space was wasted :fire:

Last edited:

Yeah... it's gone now... and I wonder what poor dark box she is in..lol:poke: Flyasbusa; once I get there and settled in I'll give you a buzz. I should be good with the info. I have a friend on base that does the inspection, I had to spend about 500 bucks before it shipped to get it inspection ready

Good luck! :beerchug:

Enjoy your tour over there!!!

I have been in the military now for just over 15 years and know what you are feeling right now. I am actually PCSing to another CONUS station right now and am doing a partial DITY move and transporting the bike myself. After seeing how TMO handles things during my several other moves, I was not going to let them take my Hayabusa.

I know it is a different story when you are going OCONUS, but I wish you the best of luck.

Best of luck and get us some good pic's from there:thumbsup:

Back