I just tragically lost a friend to motorcycling....

dane789

Registered
<< Colorado State Patrol says An Evanston Illinois woman died yesterday after crashing her motorcycle on Highway 50 in Montrose County. Colorado State Patrol says Noelle Ansley 40-year-old . She was transported to Montrose Memorial Hospital where she died from unknown injuries stemming from the crash>>

It's hard to explain how hard this has hit me. The news of my friend Noelle's death has crushed me. In the short time that I've been involved with Chicago's Rocket Science Meetup riding group, it's members have become part of my family. There seems to be a hand full of us that are regulars on the web site and regularly attend the meetup rides. Noelle was one of the cornerstone members of our group and she will be greatly missed. It seemed she and I always wound up sitting next to each other when ever we reached the destination of a ride we were both on together. She was a friendly, happy person who's friendship I will always remember.

I now reflect upon my own mortality as well as the others in my local group, especially that of my wife Karen (a member and rider). I worry about cars not seeing us. I worry about unseen hazards on the road. I even question my own riding skills. I question if this hobby is still right for Karen and I. (Yes, I warned you that this has hit me hard)

I will be taking a break from motorcycling until my head clears........Rest in peace Noelle

I care about each and every one of you..... Rocket Science and my beloved ORG. friends

Dan

Very sorry for your situation. It's tough no matter what.

I agree with your decision to sit a few rides out until you're solid again.

Be well, brother.

RIP Noelle.

Very sorry to hear this, Dan. In this particular love interest, losses to our fellow cyclists carry some pretty deep impact. Prayers for you, Noelle and family, and all others. Peace and grace to you, my brother. :please: :please: :please:

Reflection is a good thing. It's very natural to do when things like this unfortunately happen, but take your time and think things through. Let us know if we can help. RIP, Noelle! :please:

RIP Noelle, losing a friend is hard, when it happens on two wheels you would be crazy not to at least sit back and think about it.

Take some time to get your head right before you get back on two wheels. I know when I lost a friend of mine last year I sat out for a while to.

RIP Noelle

i agree that if you aren't feeling it at the moment, taking some time off until your head clears might be a good idea...one thing you might keep in mind though is whether you think Noelle would want you or any of the rest of your group to stop riding due to her circumstances...i know i don't want my friends to quit living when my life ends

honor your friendship and the experiences you all shared but more importantly, celebrate her life and the choices she made that turned her into the great friend that you knew

I will be taking a break from motorcycling until my head clears........Rest in peace Noelle
Great idea. Riding with something like this on your mind is a bad idea. I rode in a buddys funeral and that was tough.

Sorry about your loss.

Very Sorry for your loss , Prayers sent to you and Her family !
You are doing the right thing by getting off the bike for awhile until things settle down , Being focused when your riding is Very Important and the thought of your friend passing away could really hamper your judgement . Take care .

Back