I Just Thought Ya'll Might Enjoy Reading This...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
His Background: He's a close riding bud and a skilled rider with many track days under his belt and loves his lightly modded FZ1. Which he has put 47K+ miles on thus far.

The Circumstances: He's test rode numerous models of bikes over the years but never had the opportunity to mount up on a Busa...and mine, was the first Busa he's ever ridden.

And here's what he had to say/report about it...

Sweet pics, Billy. That's right, I was there.

The only thing that would make this thread sweeter would be if XXXX would honor us by weighing in with his thoughts about our challenging little course, known as the "Leguna Seca of the East".

Seriously, though. It turned into a great day, and to be honest I'm glad the group was kept small. Jim's a hell of a guy, isn't he?

I'm working on a borrowed laptop, but if I can figure out how to download the few pics from my camera, I'll do it.

Riding impression of:

The Hayabusa- I gotta say, I was really really surprised at how nimble that big bike feels once you get moving on it. I'm sure you saw me doing the double lane weave out in the boondocks. I expected it to do well on the sweepers, but once we got onto Point Six, I found it to be surprisingly compliant. Good brakes, too. A fine handling machine. You have it set up well.

-The power.... fuhgheddaboudit!! Pulls from waaaay down low and never stops. On the way back, we did some high speed dueling out on the wide open rural roads (no traffic and the roads are straight, so don't flame me! ), me seeing 150 on the FZ's speedometer at one point. Jinks came flying by me like I was stuck in traffic. Cool stuff. The only trouble I had was getting my fat head down below the windscreen at high speeds, resulting in a bit of buffeting, but that was okay. You're right, though, it's deceptively fast. One time, while slowing down from a high speed run, I sat up too quickly and almost got blown off the seat. I glanced at the speedo and say I was still doing 120. I would've guessed 70 or 80.

-Comfort - Another surprise. I fit really well on that bike. I could see it being a comfy all day tourer.

All in all, one terrific bike. You should be well pleased with your choice.

Good to see ya, Bill. Thanks for joining us. I had mucho fun!

Hope ya'll enjoyed that and...HAPPY NEW YEARS! Bill.
biggrin.gif

This is what I keep trying to explain to people but I am not willing to let them try it on my bike..lol
Jay

Make sure and post up his next message after he goes out and buys his first Busa
wink.gif

Back