I just scored a mega deal on a new TV

lil charlie

Registered
I have been on an appliance jinx the past few months and because of it my family was unable to go on vacation this year. I had money saved up but a few months ago my refrigerator went out and it cost $1500 for the new one my wife wanted plus a couple hundred dollars in food replacement. Then the clutch went out on my washing machine (but we kept using it) then just before July 4th the dryer went out. The only good thing was everybody was having appliance sales for the 4th so we got a new set. To make matters worse my 5 year old 52'' Toshiba LCD TV fried its mother board. I was ready to toss in the towel.....a basic TV was going to eat up the last of the money I'd saved to try and go on vacation.

My wife and I look in stores for two days and decided on getting a 60" plasma Samsung tv. It was on sale from $950 to $850 and was the cheapest good brand TV I could find and still get a 60". The store was 10 mins from closing and we found out they didn't have any in stock but one store about 20 mins away did. I called them and they only had 1 unit left but were unwilling to stay open long enough for me to get it so I paid for it at the store I was already at so the sale guy that helped me would get credit for the sale. I went to the other store today after work and started to get a little upset because it was taking them so long to find my TV (20 mins and my foot was sore because I broke it 2 days ago...a separate story all together). The guy found my TV and took it out to my car and got me loaded up.

My wife was helping me get it out when she said "babe, I think we got the wrong TV, this say LED on it". I paid for a plasma TV but really wanted an LED....I just didn't have the coin for it. I started to read the box and I did get a 60" Samsung but it is LED, a smart TV, and 3D!!!! Its Samsung's 7100 series TV which is one of there upper lines. I came home and looked up the TV and I got a $2600 top of the line Samsung TV for the cost of the plasma....$850. I felt bad at first but got over it pretty quickly. This thing rocks!!!!! It sucks that we cant go on vacation but having this kick arse TV kinda makes up for it. My birthday is this Monday so I guess the upgrade is just that stores way of saying Happy Birthday and sorry about the broken foot, lol.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

The only thing that could have made this better is if they messed up and gave me a 70", lol

image-1464529368.jpg

After all those train wrecks for appliances you had to replace it seems your fortunes have turned for the better. I just hope you don't require serious repair work on your new TV and they discover you have the wrong model.

I still like my 10 year old Panasonic 50 inch LCD. High def looks so good on it I can't bring myself to buy a new one. :laugh:

what does the paperwork say? if it says the other one they may come after you. hope you paid cash and didn't give your name

My paperwork is for the plasma TV and I doubt they are going to come knock on my door looking to see what I have. The only issue I order is if the TV goes bad within the factory 1 year warranty I don't have a receipt to prove date of purchase.

Everything has a "trickle down" effect. This 1800.oo will be listed under theft in the stores year end. Either Uncle Sam,or future consumers will eat the loss.Ownership/management will want an' explanation from somebody on where their 1800.oo whent. It might be months before it is missed,but in todays techo age it will in theory show up on the bottom line sooner or later.

My local Best Buy had a surprize for its employees a few months back,they all whent to work on Monday and found the doors chained up. Store go bye-bye.Mis-management,corporate theft,left at the street level,bad economic times...:dunno:

Theft loss and prevention are huge expenditures for any business these days,BIG BOX or Mom & Pop size.

As a society we should always endevour to become better for the good of all. I just don't see it happening in the near future,if ever.We are all doomed. Doomed I tell ya.:laugh:

I am not a thief today,but like many,I have stolen. "Let he who is without sin,cast the first stone."

We all get "Up in arms" when a member posts their Busa has been stolen,and yet none of us are saints.The world is a funny place eh?
I know police officers who regularly charge people with impaired driving,but when their Friday night comes.....:alcoholic:

We have school teachers that we put our children into the safe care of...who molest them.

Blah blah blah....

I break societies laws everyday...I ride a Suzuki Hayabusa.

We are all doomed.:laugh:

RSD.

I own 2 business one retail and if one of the girls made that kind of mistake it would hurt, not her per se but the bottom line as a whole. I would be surprised and grateful if the person on the receiving end let me know and would probably hook them up with something for their honesty as that is becoming a rare commodity these days.

I own 2 business one retail and if one of the girls made that kind of mistake it would hurt, not her per se but the bottom line as a whole. I would be surprised and grateful if the person on the receiving end let me know and would probably hook them up with something for their honesty as that is becoming a rare commodity these days.

I like that Voodoo. I would probably reward them with more than the loss would have cost me.:banghead:
I would be a terrible business owner.:laugh:

In todays economy 1800 bucks is fuggin HUGE.

You guys are acting like he stole an $1800 TV. They messed up, he had to go through all the hassle of driving around, etc and he didn't notice it until later.
Do you expect him to drive it back?

If you got pulled over doing 150mph and the officer only clocked you at 80mph, would you tell him how fast you were going? Same exact situation. "Stealing" money from the gov't..

If he knows he got wrong tv and didnt call them back,he is in the wrong period. I got a extra $35 tech card yesterday cause girl at gate was talking and I wouldn't even keep it to use next week like some suggested. I'm not a thief and never will be. Karma has its price, and folks wonder why bad things happen to them all at once every time they try to do right for others. Honesty is always the best policy.

You guys are acting like he stole an $1800 TV. They messed up, he had to go through all the hassle of driving around, etc and he didn't notice it until later.
Do you expect him to drive it back?

If you got pulled over doing 150mph and the officer only clocked you at 80mph, would you tell him how fast you were going? Same exact situation. "Stealing" money from the gov't..

Wrong, its not morally or principally the same. Theft is theft find the dictionary. If he tries to return it and manager says oh no don't worry about it, move on. I bet that won't happen, if it doesn't then is it not theft? GTFOH

You guys are acting like he stole an $1800 TV. They messed up, he had to go through all the hassle of driving around, etc and he didn't notice it until later. Do you expect him to drive it back?

These days no I would not expect people to take it back and thats the problem. They just figure you made the mistake so screw you Im keeping it. Besides I had to drive around and wait overnight so I deserve it. Honesty and truthfulness or the lack thereof define who you are.

Ya'll can bite me! Call me a thief or whatever you want. I'm always (except this time) the "nice guy" who corrects you when you give me the incorrect change, I return wallets with all items intact and I bend over backwards for my friends and help my elderly neighbors. Karma has been ****ty to me lately so I look at it like this is her way of fixing things. I expected to get some backlash from this but I don't really care what you guys think. So light me up all you want! I'm going back to that same store tonight to buy some 3D movies and a sound bar to make my new upgraded TV even better. The last tv I had came from them and it cost $2800 back in January of 2008.... Same TB now is $599 so it just means I paid an average of like $1600 for each TV. Plus I looked again this morning and that same TV is now on sale for $1800 so now their only a grand in the hole.

Back