I just saved $227....

fast50ranger

Donating Member
Registered
I called the dealer today to get a price on what the first service would cost me. The service manager told me $227. :cursin:I couldn't believe it, what a ripoff.

So I drove down to the dealer and bought 4 quarts of oil and a filter for $20 and I told myself I would do it myself and thanks to the Hayabusa.org search and the powerpoint instructions I just finished doing my first oil change on my Busa.

Life is good!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

remember to make sure the rubber seal is still on the old filter before you start it... they like to stay on the block the first time you change the filter.

I was quoted $700 for my first service by two different dealers here in Seattle. I did mine myself. (Oil and checked chassis bolts)

In addition to the oil change you will want to clean and adjust your chain. All busa chains will stretch and need to be adjusted several times in the first few thousand miles. You will also want to check all other fluids and check fasteners to assure they are within torque specs. I always do my own maint. and enjoy doing it.:thumbsup:

In addition to the oil change you will want to clean and adjust your chain. All busa chains will stretch and need to be adjusted several times in the first few thousand miles. You will also want to check all other fluids and check fasteners to assure they are within torque specs. I always do my own maint. and enjoy doing it.:thumbsup:

I want to buy a swingarm stand with the extra money. Any recommendations? Also what do you guys use to clean your chain? Thanks.

for the money trex good stand you can get a front and rear for around 100 bucks check ebay so that way you have BOTH

They do a little bit more than just an oil change but its still not worth the cash they charge you .

I want to buy a swingarm stand with the extra money. Any recommendations? Also what do you guys use to clean your chain? Thanks.

For a stand see our sponsor here Redline Stands, he can fix you up. The manual for your busa recommends cleaning your chain with Kerosene, dry off and put a chain lube on. The manufacturer recommends cleaning, adjustment and lubrication every 500 miles or so. Put your bike on the side stand and push up on the chain in the center between the front and rear sprocket. You should be able to push up on the chain about 3/4". :thumbsup:

Doesnt that void the factory warranty??? Isn't the 1st service required?

No. Just keep the receipts for the oil and filter and keep a log book for this and all other maintenance you do yourself. You'll be fine.

Also, buy filters on line. You'll save more money. I buy about five or six at a time on line and the shipping isn't all that bad. Since the Busa and the Gixxer both use the same filter it's a slam dunk. I also get a bunch of crush washers every time I buy filters.

When you do your spark plugs, just buy them from the local auto parts store, you'll save a ton there, too.

Aaaaand, with all the money you're saving, get yourself a lift!

--Wag--

:beerchug:

i have pitbull stands and love them. and i clean my chain by spraying honda polish on a microfiber towel and wipe by hand. then i apply pj1 blu lable chain lube and then clean the chain again and surrounding areas

Back