i just made a fellow riders night!

IXCELER8

Registered
Short story...neighbor has a repsol 1000 that he's putting back together, his buddy was helping him out who had his 01 gsxr 600 there. I sat on his bike, pulled in the clutch and lever snaped at the bolt!! Doh!! So I proceed to take a lighted used 1000 cbr lever that was laying around and ground it down with my trusty dewalt grinder. What do you know...I made it fit and now he can ride home at least untill he gets a new lever.
Posted via Mobile Device

Short story...neighbor has a repsol 1000 that he's putting back together, his buddy was helping him out who had his 01 gsxr 600 there. I sat on his bike, pulled in the clutch and lever snaped at the bolt!! Doh!! So I proceed to take a lighted used 1000 cbr lever that was laying around and ground it down with my trusty dewalt grinder. What do you know...I made it fit and now he can ride home at least untill he gets a new lever.
Posted via Mobile Device

isnt a repsol 1000 a cbr 1000? ???

So you broke his lever and now your bragging you made one fit from another bike?/

not trying to be a jerk thats just how I read it??

read it again.......must have been the gsx600r.???
quote from op
I sat on his bike, pulled in the clutch and lever snaped at the bolt!! Doh!! So I proceed to take a lighted used 1000 cbr lever that was laying around and ground it down

???

The gixxer 600 is what broke. The kid was saying his lever felt funny. I pulled in the lever and it finished itself off. Took a used lever from a the CBR 1000 and made it work. I did not break a thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

QUOTE=IXCELER8;2190196]The gixxer 600 is what broke. The kid was saying his lever felt funny. I pulled in the lever and it finished itself off. Took a used lever from a the CBR 1000 and made it work. I did not break a thing.
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]:thumbsup:

Wow you guys are quick to jump onto somebody. Its like saying you took and buddys car for a ride and his wheel fell off due to 4 out 5 studs were snapped off.
I was just glad it happened there and not out in the middle of traffic in the middle of the night. And I was more than happy to get him fixed up and home safe.
Last time I checked a clutch lever in good condition does not just break from being pulled in... It was one of those fake carbon looking pot metal levers that 99 percent of it was worn out.
Posted via Mobile Device

If it broke it needed replacing anyway.
The op saved homedude from being stranded or possibly worse :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Wasnt trying to jump on ya!!LOL>.

the messed up part if you borrowed someones car and it broke its on You..Not in this case but you know what I mean!!

Had a buddie do the same thing,pulled the lever in on his raptor(same cheap azz carbon china)and it busted not near the bolt!!

Gues you helped him out all in all!:laugh:

I'm giving you props brother, you did the right thing. Normal use should not have broken the lever, more than likely that thing has been dropped and was just waiting to break :bowdown:

The OP was a bit difficult to understand. Sounds like you deserve a... :beerchug:

And levers that just break?!? I've never heard of that happening without a fall of some sort.

...good on ya man,for fixing his lever:thumbsup:to make it right he should talk his buddy into letting you take out the CBR1000:laugh:the traction control is quite effective:whistle:

1821 fairroof 061.jpg

...good on ya man,for fixing his lever:thumbsup:to make it right he should talk his buddy into letting you take out the CBR1000:laugh:the traction control is quite effective:whistle:

The guy with the 1000 is my neighbor and buddy. The dude with the 600 was his buddy helping him put the 1000 back. The neighbor has rode the all mighty busa. I have a free pass to his 1000 as soon as its up and running.
Posted via Mobile Device

The guy with the 1000 is my neighbor and buddy. The dude with the 600 was his buddy helping him put the 1000 back. The neighbor has rode the all mighty busa. I have a free pass to his 1000 as soon as its up and running.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow! You let him ride your busa? He must be a really good friend

Wow! You let him ride your busa? He must be a really good friend
just around the neighborhood. I was trying to get him to get a busa. He ended up with a 46 mile crashed 09 1000 repsol that has turned out to be a big $$$$ dump. $3800 for the bike....$7000 in parts so far and it needs forks still to be finsihed. Everything but the motor, main frame, rear wheel and has been replaced so far and I mean everything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back