I just got my Throttlemeister's

EastCoast

Donating Member
Registered
I know it seems like a painless install but I am curious if anyone has ever posted how they installed theirs?

I did a search but couldn't find anything on Throttlemeister installation on the board.

I did find this. Link. Can anyone verify if this is how it's done... or could be done. I just don't want to grind anything if there is no need to. Thanks
cool.gif

That's a good tutorial. You'll have to roll back the rubber and cut off the plastic ridge on the throttle first, then play with the different thicknesses on the washers until the combo is just right to put the right amount of friction on the throttle. It took me three tries with the washers until I got it right.

That's a good tutorial.  You'll have to roll back the rubber and cut off the plastic ridge on the throttle first, then play with the different thicknesses on the washers until the combo is just right to put the right amount of friction on the throttle.  It took me three tries with the washers until I got it right.
Thanks. Do you remember which washer combination you used. The guy on the tutorial used just the thin washers. I take it that everyone probably uses different configuration of washers!

I believe mine took to thin washers. If you have a dremil ( for plastic ridge ) it should only take 15 min. to install.

I installed a throttlemeister last night and it was simple. I was reading and getting concerned about taking the originals off and installing a safe setup. Twist the end with the bare hand at the same time as undoing the screw and they came right off. dremil the ridges smooth and fit. I tried a few different washers but had it right on the first go. 2 little fellas, like ST said. Works great. Best bucks I've ever spent. Good on ya lads.

If you don't have a dremel, you can remove the ridge with a razor blade. Be careful though, you could put an eye out with that thing! LOL:)

Back