i just got my first busa its an o3 n im having a problem with it

deathwish

Registered
ive had the bike for about two weeks , n been ridding it like every other 3 days just around the block since its my first bike , im pretty cofteble with it now , been taking it slow but also been testing its nuts abit lol , but any who the bike has 4000 miles , n just today it gave me a problem , i try to accel an the motor sounds loud but the bike wont accel what could b causing this the bike was fine b4 that happend if somebody had a familier problem plz let me know what it could b

Sound like it could be starving for fuel. Does it smoke? Is the clutch slipping? How much lag does it have?

it has a full tank , the only thing i can think of that i did wrong was putt the clutch all the way in n maybe over reved it a bit , abit after that its when it started tripping i went back home n i turned it of for about n hour n got back on it n it rode normal , what chu think it could be ?

im thinking the clutch fluid is in need of changing?

reason im thinking this is if its original fluid its now 8yrs old and probably hydrated (absorbed a lot of moisture) so when the engine gets hot the fluid expands far quicker than it should and causes the clutch to slip.

so if the engine speed increases and the bike dont and your not holding the clutch id suspect the above issue.

im not totally sure with you discription of fault but if that sounds like what's happening get the fluid done (also check its not over filled in the fluid res as this causes same issue)

other possibility is clutch plates (unlikely at 4k)

old oil ? has it been serviced recently.?

car motor oil added by mistake this is not suitable for wet clutch engines and again will cause clutch slip.

hth

Yeah. The guy that owned it b4 me. Had droped it. N cut the harness. I replaced te whole harness for a new one. N he did have it stoped for about a month n a half. N. Yeah. AMA get the oils changed out. Oh. I just remembered. It needed clutch oil. It was like halfway low. Cuz when he droped it. He meat up the box n it spilled out. So it said to u. The number 4 brake fluid. N. I had number 3 laying around. N I put. Some of that So it was half n half.

ok, so this looks like a pretty old post, and i hope the owner got it figured out.

dot 3 fluid will not be okay in a dot4 system. you can use 4 in a 3, but not the other way. on imported cars dot 4 spec is natural rubber friendly whereas dot 3 is not. system contamination with the dot 3 attacking all rubber seals. :(

Back