I just changed my spark plugs

Relsek

Registered
rock.gif

tn_100_3700.JPG

Mine have looked alot like that every time I have changed them.

I noticed the foam from my air intake was kinda deformed and I assumed that some moisture seeped in? Maybe I am worng? I think I only had one that looked like that.

Mine never look like that. They always look very slightly more worn than when I put 'em in.

--Wag--

As said above. Looks a bit rich.

All the rust is caused by water/moisture collecting in the wells where the sparkplugs are. Could try putting some high temp silicon grease on the rubber cap on top where it meets the rocker cover to prevent water getting down there in the first place maybe?

I would say maybe a little rich and moisture from rain or washing it. but almost all plugs i change or pull out look pretty black
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126221589 -->

As said above, you're running rich. Better run a little rich and leave some hp on the table than run lean though.......

Better run a little rich and leave some hp on the table than run lean though.......
I just checked the plugs on my Ninja and their a nice tan color. And it's carbed!

Come on now, FI beats carbs hands down in fuel control, so on a properly tuned ECU you should NEVER have the mixture lean enough to cause trouble. A Busa's plugs should look a lot better than that.

You're a little rich. It looks like water has been sitting around your plugs from washing your bike maybe?

Better run a little rich and leave some hp on the table than run lean though.......
I just checked the plugs on my Ninja and their a nice tan color.  And it's carbed!

Come on now, FI beats carbs hands down in fuel control, so on a properly tuned ECU you should NEVER have the mixture lean enough to cause trouble.  A Busa's plugs should look a lot better than that.
I did have more open cans with no tune, that may have been why they were so black. I'm back to stock now. I got tired of the noise.

Kev

As said above. Looks a bit rich.

All the rust is caused by water/moisture collecting in the wells where the sparkplugs are. Could try putting some high temp silicon grease on the rubber cap on top where it meets the rocker cover to prevent water getting down there in the first place maybe?
Told 'ya!

Back