i just cant stop changing stuff

black diamond busa

Team Jacob
Registered
So this last winter I finally was able to paint my bike. Then I added fairing screens, quick twist gas cap. I thought I would be fine all summer doing that. Well no that didn't happen because I came across some good deals to lower and stretch her. Figured I always wanted to try it and love the look so why not. Now I bought bolt on extensions this time and if I enjoy the ride I will buy a full swingarm this winter. With that in mind is there any extra maintenance with the bolt ons? Check bolt tightness every other ride or anything like that. Chain tightness the same as a swb bike? Also hopefully this next week I will be adding LEDs and maybe a new set of Q3s. I also forgot the black shorty levers I got a couple weeks ago, I love the feel of them.

ForumRunner_20130628_215016.png

ForumRunner_20130628_215039.png

Nicely done. Now yer riding a.... Black Diamond.:thumbsup:

all I would suggest,and you've probably done it already,is a half gallon of Loc-Tite on them bolts for the extentions.

I love the shorty levevrs too. Awesome mod.

How long are the extentions...6 inch?

RSD.

Thanks man. Yeah I'm finally riding a black diamond. Its a pearl paint job that looks great in the sun but pictures don't get that. Yes I got grade 8 bolts and put loc-tite on them. I wasnt sure if there was anything else since I have never had bolt ons before and no one I ride with has them. I believe 4-8 and sitting about 6.5-7 right now. I went from +1 in the rear to -1 in the front and -2 in the rear.

I will be doing the same thing to my gen I. Its also black with flake and black fairing screens.

The other thing I have heard is it is possible to crack some brands of extentions.

I would take it out,ride it like you stole it,pound the piss out of it,then inspect for stress cracks.

If its gonna break,I would want it to break now,close to home,not out on a ride.

Hit some bumps on purpose...maybe a few hard lauches like yer at the strip...and then consider it tested.:thumbsup:

RSD.

Yeah I have heard the stories of bolt ons but I figured I would try these before I bought a full arm. If I end up hating it I'm not out a butt load of money. I told the woman I have to do a couple test rides before she gets on and she didn't like that at all. Post up a pick of your gen1 RSD. Also hate you for having both gens :rofl:

Yeah I have heard the stories of bolt ons but I figured I would try these before I bought a full arm. If I end up hating it I'm not out a butt load of money. I told the woman I have to do a couple test rides before she gets on and she didn't like that at all. Post up a pick of your gen1 RSD. Also hate you for having both gens :rofl:

I got 2...I got 2...:whistle: :laugh:

Also,did you do anything with the shock spring?

Here's my Gen I a few weeks back. It now has Yoshi carbon instead of HMF. The touring screen I gave away,replaced with dark smoke dubl bubl for now. And all my fairing bolts are now black spikes.Black frame plugs are in now,black pazzo's,sweet black undertail,black 2 piece grab rail,black hangers for passenger pegs,have some more black on the way.Spiked bar ends,all 3 calipers,etc etc.

RSD.

a2.jpg

Both good looking bikes.
I agree. Keep the black coming!
I was once a chrome/polish guy.
No way I would ever work that hard again keeping the bike clean.
Black them out and wipe em down every so often with windex and ride.
I used to spend more time wiping, than riding.

Ceramic coat those headers black too. It protects them and looks great, for only a couple hundred $$$$$.

:laugh:

Black Diamond, 6" won't hurt your ride much at all. You'll enjoy it unless you're a hard core canyon carver.

RSD no I didn't upgrade the rear spring yet because this is a test on if I would even like it extended. Once I know for sure if I'm keeping it this way then I will get a spring for it. If I like it I will go for a full arm, new spring, adjustable rear links. So far I have only $325 into extending it and $180 of that was the new chain. RSD I really that your black busa very nice work. Sleeperbusa I am very surprised that it affected the handling but not nearly as bad as I feared after reading a lot on the org. I figured it was going to handle like a pig and its not too bad at. I went for a little ride today and enjoyed it. About the only thing I don't like is that I did a couple hard take offs in 1st and kept breaking that back tire loose. Its weird still because I feel the front shift and keep expecting the front tire to lift :rofl:

What type of extensions did you go with? My Busa may have to get extended,I have always loved the look.

Also,be carefull when you take the wife for a ride,could bottom out at driveways,speed bumps etc. The geometry has been changed so take care dude.

RSD.

Not sure of the brand of extension as I bought them used off a fee low org member. Yeah we just got back from a 2up ride and doesn't handle too bad but I see some evidence of the tire rubbing.

Sleeperbusa I am very surprised that it affected the handling but not nearly as bad as I feared after reading a lot on the org. I figured it was going to handle like a pig and its not too bad at. I went for a little ride today and enjoyed it. About the only thing I don't like is that I did a couple hard take offs in 1st and kept breaking that back tire loose. Its weird still because I feel the front shift and keep expecting the front tire to lift :rofl:

Yes, unfortunately, we often hear what people have heard, or think, instead of what they know.
Most people, myself included don't use our bikes to their capacity anyway, so if we lose a little handling in the twisties, we never even know it. I ride my bike lowered and stretched 5" and am usually in the front of the pack. Of course, in my part of the country, the largest twisty is an exit ramp. :)

Rubb, only lower your stretched bike to the middle hole, and you'll be able to take a passenger. Just gotta be careful. Or you can designate one Busa for a passenger, and the other for the stretched and lowered bike???

Yes, unfortunately, we often hear what people have heard, or think, instead of what they know.
Most people, myself included don't use our bikes to their capacity anyway, so if we lose a little handling in the twisties, we never even know it. I ride my bike lowered and stretched 5" and am usually in the front of the pack. Of course, in my part of the country, the largest twisty is an exit ramp. :)

Rubb, only lower your stretched bike to the middle hole, and you'll be able to take a passenger. Just gotta be careful. Or you can designate one Busa for a passenger, and the other for the stretched and lowered bike???

I like yer train of thought. My actual goal is 3 or 4 Busa's. There is no other bike for me and I've had 'em all. I just wish I could turn the clock back and not have wasted time,energy and cash on all that other crap.
The dream:

Twisties Busa
Two-up Busa (touring etc)
Turbo Busa
And Bling Busa...something just to constantly mess with.

The gen 1 I have now is just so sweet and confidence inspiring. Twisties bike.
The Gen II will be the 2 up.
I am searching for a crashed one to customize.

The turbo will have to wait. I actually had one lined up,told the guy I had to think on it over night. I woke up at 3am,phoned him,said I take it. He made a deal on it a few hours before.:banghead: 9 grand for a gen I with an RCC stage 1 turbo personally tuned by Richard.(he's a Canadian boy like me) The bike was in canada so no border hassles,inspections etc. Thing had super low miles and new OEM white plastics,new everything,etc.

RSD.

Back