I just can't get the ergos where I want...

lifguardct

Registered
I have an 06 Blue Busa, 700 miles, runs so SWeet... BUT!! It just does not fit me. I am not sure why I am 5'10" and about 210... I also have an 02 FZ1 and love the ergos. I am leaning toward selling the Busa already and getting a ZX14 or FJR1300. Even the 14 fits me better. I have tried 1.25" reaper risers and lowering the back end, helped but still not where I need it. I had a ZZR1200 and it had LSL bars, that was pretty good, kinda like the old "superbike" bars. Not sure what to do, someone may get a real nice Busa soon.

sad.gif
Try a new seat maybe.....

I hate for you to spend a lot of dollars and never find the comfort that you're striving for.

Hopefully someone else will chime in.....

Good Luck

DD

I'm stumped as well, this is a first...do some push-ups brother.
muscle.gif

Seriously, you have to make a conscious effort to use your lower back muscles in conjunction with your legs/hips/waist to keep all the weight off your arms. When you are hitting the twisties your hands should be lightly grabbing the bars and have most of your weight on the ball of your inside foot with your @ss barely on the seat.

You should be able to ride as you were on the highway then remove your hands and stay in the exact same position if your in decent shape. If you can do 25 solid push-ups with ease then you shouldn't have any trouble riding the Busa.

Those muscles will get used to it!  Your wrist doesn't hurt, huh?  Just your elbows?  All the other bikes you mentioned have a very straight up and down seating position, and with your lowering of the back and raising of the front bars, Lamb is surprised that the ergonomics are not unlike those of the fz.  

You might need to start exercising those triceps!
laugh.gif

You might try a Tobin seat I have one it lowers your rear about 1 1/4" I have the the 1 1/4 gemar risers and it helped a lot. my bike is lowered 1" front and rear. If that doesn't help go faster the wind will take the strain off your wrists. LOL or trying squezing the tank with your legs.
I hope you can find something that helps.

1.jpg

(Busa Dreamin @ Dec. 19 2006,20:48) You might try a Tobin seat I have one it lowers your rear about 1 1/4" I have the the 1 1/4 gemar risers and it helped a lot. my bike is lowered 1" front and rear. If that doesn't help go faster the wind will take the strain off your wrists. LOL or trying squezing the tank with your legs.
I hope you can find something that helps.
Hey! Where are the Dymag CF wheels?
rock.gif

i agree w/ comment from others

you are leaning forward too much
sounds like you got used to riding the upright bikes

maybe try lightly tightening your abs & lower back while riding.
its good for you anyways.
smile.gif

as well as lightly squeezing tank w/ legs

is there anyone around that maybe you can borrow a tobin style cut down seat as well?

i have quite a few friends that had similar complaints - sore wrist,elbow or hands falling asleep on rides longer than 40 minutes. they are good now just took a little thinking & practice to have better form.

time and some sit ups and push ups. or run a tank bag low on the tank to lean on.
the only idea would be converti bars. they raise it up 3"
i dont think the egros can be that diffrent from a zx14? everything feals good in the show room.
good luck

Surprised no one mentioned the Heli bars , i dont have a set on the Busa yet but i had a set on the zx12 i had. Made a huge difference in wrist and arm comfort. The tobin seat will help alittle also.

(camaro69_4542003 @ Dec. 20 2006,07:13) Surprised no one mentioned the Heli bars , i dont have a set on the Busa yet but i had a set on the zx12 i had. Made a huge difference in wrist and arm comfort. The tobin seat will help alittle also.
That was what I was going to say. The Heli bars change the height AND the angle to put it in a slightly different position. Helibars will also work with genmars and reapers for even more change. You will however need to swap cables. You might make the work with 3/4" risers but it will be close.

There are also bar conversion kits out there. I have seen a set of Honda Rebel bars on a busa!

The heli bars will help but as suggested, you have to hold your body up off the handlebars. Don't lean on them. Not only will it give you carpal tunnel or some other evil thing, it takes away your responsiveness and agility on the bike.

--Wag--

When I first got my bike I was doing the same thing. After a good ride my thumbs were numb and my wrist hurt. I could tell I was putting too much weight on my hands. I have been working on proper posture. I have also given thought to some reaper risers...maybe 3/4" or so.

Also reading "Sport Riding Techniques" has given me some good tips on body posture.

Hope it works out for you and you dont have to sell the Busa...I think you wouold miss it later.

I bought some helibars for my '06- but after 1k miles, I found that its just a matter of proper positioning, as most everyone else here is saying. pivot point is key.gotta stay off the bars for that-
I didnt put the helibars on, and doubt if I will. paid $100 for them on e bay- want em? I'd be willing to sell them to you for the $100- and I'll pay the shipping- if that will help you from letting your Busa go.

Back