I Invited My Friends To Go Ride Today @ 22 Degrees F

c10

Registered
No one took me up on my offer . My brother though wanted to do some work on his bird so I headed over to his place 40 miles away . Once we found Aamazon left out the D.I.D master link we went for coffee .
It was 25 degrees by 10 a.m. . I'm happy to report the PR4 rear tire , and Power 3 2CT front did perfect .
Wheelies still available in . I just might of been the only bike on the road today in Houston Texas . These temps are rare for us . My Olympia Air Glide 5 jacket did wonderful with its liners . My winter gloves though
are done below 40 F :( . My brother had some liners that made riding home much better .

Screenshot_2017-01-07-07-52-20_zpsjnwchnsu.png

20170107_084238_HDR_zpsstkgmmh7.jpg

20170107_092601_HDR_zps9ikd8lqm.jpg

20170107_090947_HDR_zpstoutdpmu.jpg

20170107_092319_HDR_zpsldycti09.jpg

IMG_3296_zpsnddea5sm.jpg

20170107_100519_HDR_zpsjxtypmzk.jpg

20170107_100529_HDR_zpsltumov4n.jpg

20170107_100945_HDR_zpsjrx9yaj4.jpg

I wear electric gloves. I have them wired to my battery and when it's cold enough I just run the wires and controller thru my jacket sleeves and turn them on. But, I'd never head out in 20 degree weather intentionally.

No one took me up on my offer . My brother though wanted to do some work on his bird so I headed over to his place 40 miles away . Once we found Aamazon left out the D.I.D master link we went for coffee .
It was 25 degrees by 10 a.m. . I'm happy to report the PR4 rear tire , and Power 3 2CT front did perfect .
Wheelies still available in . I just might of been the only bike on the road today in Houston Texas . These temps are rare for us . My Olympia Air Glide 5 jacket did wonderful with its liners . My winter gloves though
are done below 40 F :( . My brother had some liners that made riding home much better .

View attachment 1570723
View attachment 1570724
View attachment 1570725
View attachment 1570726
View attachment 1570727
View attachment 1570728
View attachment 1570729
View attachment 1570730
View attachment 1570731
What's up Brad here, don't guess that you and your brother race out at Royal Purple huh?

What's up Brad here, don't guess that you and your brother race out at Royal Purple huh?

I'm retired of the strip . Done all Ill ever need there , and have little desire to spend the coin anymore for the sport . On rare occasions I pilot the teams bikes after a motor build or trans replacement to make sure all is OK . I enjoy touring far more these days . Sold my little SWB drag bike two weeks before buying the hayabusa 7/31/2015 . My brother just likes owning fast bikes . 1 Hayabusa , 1 ZX11D , and 1 ZZR1200 .

I know Brad you call it Royal Purple Raceway / former Houston Raceway Park , but back in the day The few of us from Baytown use to fume
over the name lol . Ya didnt ask for pics , but you made me remember some fun times in the past thanks :)

Dragraces002.jpg

Above Dorey Racing big bore ZRX before it went turbo with me doing a shake down run .

Below my wife sitting on my 10.5 2009 R6S SWB
TianneonR6.jpg

My last little SWB all stock motor drag bike . slow @ 10.0's never quite made the 9's in SWB

_DSC4371_zps568ba18f.jpg

_DSC4431_zps567037e8.jpg

Another Dorey bike after new Transmission

ZRX%20drag%20bike_zpszkiboj3v.jpg

View attachment 1570723
View attachment 1570724
View attachment 1570725
View attachment 1570726
View attachment 1570727
View attachment 1570728
View attachment 1570729
View attachment 1570730
View attachment 1570731
You are a brave man! All I needed was for the temp to drop into the 30s here in FL and that convinced me to order a heated liner, gloves and a balaclava. Lol!
Your face didn't get too cold? I can't ride without covering my face due to the wind coming into my helmet from the bottom up

I'm retired of the strip . Done all Ill ever need there , and have little desire to spend the coin anymore for the sport . On rare occasions I pilot the teams bikes after a motor build or trans replacement to make sure all is OK . I enjoy touring far more these days . Sold my little SWB drag bike two weeks before buying the hayabusa 7/31/2015 . My brother just likes owning fast bikes . 1 Hayabusa , 1 ZX11D , and 1 ZZR1200 .

I know Brad you call it Royal Purple Raceway / former Houston Raceway Park , but back in the day The few of us from Baytown use to fume
over the name lol . Ya didnt ask for pics , but you made me remember some fun times in the past thanks :)

View attachment 1570762

Above Dorey Racing big bore ZRX before it went turbo with me doing a shake down run .

Below my wife sitting on my 10.5 2009 R6S SWB
View attachment 1570763

My last little SWB all stock motor drag bike . slow @ 10.0's never quite made the 9's in SWB

View attachment 1570764
View attachment 1570765

Another Dorey bike after new Transmission

View attachment 1570766
We ran 9.40,s last summer on our swb gen1, in the process of an 6" over arm now, actually Busa Rob is fitting it now with some other tweaks he knows. Why did y'all frown when it became RPR Frome Houston Raceway?

You are a brave man! All I needed was for the temp to drop into the 30s here in FL and that convinced me to order a heated liner, gloves and a balaclava. Lol!
Your face didn't get too cold? I can't ride without covering my face due to the wind coming into my helmet from the bottom up

I pulled the balaclava over my chin after the pic . :)

Rob @ boosted cycle performance Brad ? If so Kool deal . 9.40's thats moving real nice . When they Built Houston Race way many were upset it was not called Baytown raceway park . Granted they used Houston as big land mark city for NHRA , but the track is not in Houston city limits rather
Baytown that @ one time was 50 miles away till houston city limits expanded east more over the years . Just a FYI the Red tractor used for VHT prep / track dragging is the original tractor from when the track opened . The fence around the track use to be only 4 feet tall . As a young teenager we use to take our BMX bicycles up n down the track when no one was out there . 1/4 mile is a long way huffing it on a bicycle lol .
Not a fan of how the name is today / the way the run the place . Its a far cry from the glory days of late 80's early 90's .

Rob @ boosted cycle performance Brad ? If so Kool deal . 9.40's thats moving real nice . When they Built Houston Race way many were upset it was not called Baytown raceway park . Granted they used Houston as big land mark city for NHRA , but the track is not in Houston city limits rather
Baytown that @ one time was 50 miles away till houston city limits expanded east more over the years . Just a FYI the Red tractor used for VHT prep / track dragging is the original tractor from when the track opened . The fence around the track use to be only 4 feet tall . As a young teenager we use to take our BMX bicycles up n down the track when no one was out there . 1/4 mile is a long way huffing it on a bicycle lol .
Not a fan of how the name is today / the way the run the place . Its a far cry from the glory days of late 80's early 90's .
Lol that tractor is still being used, and yes BCP, Rob is been really good to me. Jump into the drag racing scene with no experience 2 years ago, now I'm into it with 2 Busa,s a new trailer and truck. Addiction Rules lol

Reactions: c10
I'll take a pass on riding at that temp. When I had my DRZ I would be ok with riding around in some snow at those temps, but a street bike is dangerous enough that I don't even street ride in the summer when people expect motorcycles. The drag strip is safer.

I lived over in channel view for 15 years off Sheldon road and avenue D.

31, about to go run errands, but that's it ......... not the he man I use to be I guess, fudge the cold

Back