I hope some of you got to ride today.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
I spent most of my day at Lowes, or in the garage. I went out first thing this morning to run by the tag office and then go get a hair cut. I came home and Juli was waving me off from pulling in the garage. Our water heater decided to give up this morning and water was running out of the closet in the garage. Oh boy, called a plumber and went out to examine the damage. Just some wet floor and a bad tank. Looks like the liner went out. I have never replaced one so I looked at everything. Plumber said they would call 30 minutes before getting here. Cool.

Loaded up and went to Lowes to get a new tank. Wasnt sure what the plumber would have, but I knew Lowes had what I wanted. I went ahead and purchased a torch and solder just in case. Came home and ripped out the old one. Sweated off the fittings and got the new one unboxed. On our way home the plumber called and said he would be on his way. So, after doing what I had done hoping to save some money on the install, the plumber had not shown up yet. It has been over an hour. He was pulled up a few minutes later and asked to use my restroom. Ok, showed him where and he was sick. OMG was he sick. He was saying very loudly, OH MY, OH MY. Juli and I just hung our heads, what can you do right? By now I was laughing and already decided I have gone this far, I am doing it myself. But the plumber finally got out of the bathroom and was supposed to give me a free quote when they got there. He wanted to call his dispatcher and then came back in the garage and told me he was cramping really bad. I told him no problem, shook his hand and told him to have a good day. He left and we ran to Ace Hardware to get a couple of fittings.

I am waiting on the hot water to get hot so I can take a shower. Then take my lovely wife out to eat. You guys have a great evening and I hope some of you got to ride. Maybe after church tomorrow I can get the bike out. :beerchug:

good job getting it all taken care of, sometimes it's nice being handy. Other times it's not , when people know you are handy :)

Man that sucks but glad you got it taken care of. I love taking care of stuff like that around the house. Hope dinner was good :thumbup:

Dinner was great. We didnt even have to wait in line. I guess everything is fine, no water or gas leaks and we have hot water. :laugh: Now I just need to clean up my garage and haul off the old hot water tank.

Glad you got it fixed...poor plumber though! Can't imagine feeling like that and having to show up on a job...ughhhh...

:thumbsup:

Back