I hope I don't miss the riding season due to injury.

houstonbussa

Registered
Ok.. So you can now laugh.. I teach martial arts and was trying to demonstrate something and came down horribly wrong. Go ahead. I should have known I'm not 18 any more.. and YES my body reminded me of that REALLY QUICKLY!

Ok.. Now that the laughter has stop.. Oh wait.. There's still one guy in the back.........Ok.. done.. Ok

In short my lower leg was at an angle while the weight of my body was over my knee when I made contact to the floor. Of course my knee wasn't designed to hold my weight like that.. Doesn't help that I've gained a few (20) lbs more than what I'm use to weighing. (My g-f lost it and for some damn reason I picked it up... I told her she can't loose any more weight.. ever!) lol

Well had to go to minor emergency (worker's comp injury) and the doc touched my knee (with me going through the roof) and said "Your ACL is gone.. With out an MRI I can't tell what else though". I do remember when I first grabbed my knee, the cap was on the outside of my knee.. And then POPPED back in to place. (probably more pain popping in than out..)..

IN SHORT, with all the feedback I'm getting from people who've been in my shoes before (damn you guys.. take these shoes back.. I don't like the way they fit), it'll be December before I am riding again. I'M HOPING there is hope or someone can lie REALLY well and make me believe it. hahaha.

My first time in crutches.. These things SUCK ASS! Looks like a child taking my first steps of life again most of the time.

Now you can start laughing again as you remind me I'm not 18 any more... ... Thanks for letting me whine like a lil baby. I'm done.:cry:

Ok you asked for it.....
....:rofl:

Sorry.

This is another reason I'm glad I'm a lazy tv watching couch potato.
I only need worry about hurting myself lifting the remote control or getting carpal tunnel from flicking the channel change button :laugh:

Hope you heal quick and well.

You gotta make it more believable than that.. haha.. Thanks.. I'm not of high hopes.. but good thing.. trying to figure out what to do to my bike and when I can be w/o for a couple weeks is now solved.. As soon as I find out what's going on with my knee and how much money, etc... time to put her in the shop.. I mean, I can't ride her for 6 months.. PLENTY OF TIME FOR TOYES!!1

Are they doing surgery on it?

Not the same but I just had my knee scope and they said nothing really for 6 weeks. I went like hell at physical therapy and was doing stretches 24/7. I had full range of motion after one week and can run on it now, after 4 weeks.

not sure if was mental but I ate a ton of protein and potassium and felt like it was making me stronger.

good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Google "Hydrocele". Thats what I am facing in July...

It said testies.. I stopped reading.. lol.. OUCH! Well says painless, but involving nuts already makes me think it hurts.

Are they doing surgery on it?

Not the same but I just had my knee scope and they said nothing really for 6 weeks. I went like hell at physical therapy and was doing stretches 24/7. I had full range of motion after one week and can run on it now, after 4 weeks.

not sure if was mental but I ate a ton of protein and potassium and felt like it was making me stronger.

good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Everyone I know that has had knee probs including the ACL, MCL, the ANOIND CL and any other CL and manisques (sp?) pretty much let me know surgery and 6 months+ Although none of them are docs, but even the initial doc didn't make it sound any better.

It said testies.. I stopped reading.. lol.. OUCH! Well says painless, but involving nuts already makes me think it hurts.

Painless, yeah right :lol:. The condition is painless, just pressure, but the cure is not. A 2 inch cut across the scrotum to relieve the fluid. To top it off a tube for a drain hanging out the bottom for 2 weeks. Man, and this is the second time. :banghead:

Take your hand and smash one of your fingers with a hammer. You want even feel the pain in your knee anymore. It will be about six months. Depends on you. If you ice it and do the physical therapy. May not be six months. But you got to take it easy on the knee.

Ok you asked for it.....
....:rofl:

Sorry.

This is another reason I'm glad I'm a lazy tv watching couch potato.
I only need worry about hurting myself lifting the remote control or getting carpal tunnel from flicking the channel change button :laugh:

Hope you heal quick and well.

The couch potato life is definitely a safe one :laugh:

I was on crutches for about 3 months with my injury. Yes it sucks. Gotta suck up your pride at let people do everything for you. I hated it

Been there - May 11, 2008 - blew out my MCL, ACL and fractured my tibia playing soccer.

I know not everyone has this experience, but 3 years later, I'm still not 100%. Take it easy and DO YOUR PT after the surgery!! DO NOT SKIP IT - FORCE YOURSELF to do it! Trust me!

Get the MRI, maybe it was just a dislocated knee cap. These guys work miracles now-a-days, with lasers, and glue :laugh:

Hopefully you won't require surgery, or at worse , a major surgery. best of luck.

Omar, we're not youngin's anymore. I hope you do get back to 100%.

Back