I have some drivability and hot start issues.

GOT BUSA?

Registered
It seems that when I"ve been riding for a little while (30 min or more), I have a hard time starting the busa back up. It cranks for awhile, then when it does fire, it sounds like a honda civic with a grapefruit shooter muffler. I have a set of yosh RS3 slip ons and the pair valve tube to the air box plugged. Any ideas??

Another problem is with throttle tip in on gear changes and when taking off. When I change gears then get back into it slowly (cruising), it seems to slightly bog first then snap in lightly. I tried to take all the slack out of the throttle cables but it really didn't help. Again I have a yosh pipe a blocked pair tube. Help here too please..

What is your idle set at
rock.gif

I believe off the top of my head it's around 1200 or so. It might be lower, but not below 900. What should it be and how do you change it? Do you just adjust the idle screw? Do you believe the idle is the problem with the tip in bring sharp?
Any ideas on the hot start?

<!--EDIT|GOT BUSA?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148528275 -->

It should be set at ~ 1000 to 1100.  The adj screw is under the tank on the right side of the bike.  Hard to miss, it actually looks a little out of place.

Don

PS. I used the laptop plugged into the PC to set mine at about 1050 or as close as I could get. Neither this busa or my last one had a very smooth idle. I am going to do the TB sync after the first of the month.

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: "Forgot Something"|1148530506 -->

Don, Do you have a power commander? If not how did you go about accessing the on board computer to change the idle??
I double checked the idle speed to day and it's sitting right around 1200-1300 when warmed up. It's definately still loading up on fuel sometimes when I start the bike. runs rough for a second or two.

Back