I have had it with these things

ditchdr

Registered
I am getting in the truck yesterday to go do some lawn work, there were 4 or 5 of us standing out side talking about this and that. Well the neighbor is going in and she calls her cat. The car wont move, seems he had found something to play with in the middle of the street. I look out of the corner of my eye and i think he is about to attack a stick ( see where this is going?), but this time it was not a stick. My truck is about 10 yard form the cat, I look a little closer and its a copper head snake the cat is trying to pick a fight with. Keep in mind this cat is a bully anyhow, but still dont want it to get taken out by a snake.

I jump out the truck yell to Morgan ( cats owner) to get her cat or its gonna die. She gets a look like " why you gonna run him over" then I tell her he is messing with a snake. We get the cat away, I run behind the condo pick up a flat shovel and toy with it for a bit, he strikes the thing hard a few times, heard it ping on the shovel head hard. Finaly I got tired of playing after he looked like he was gonna go around it and get to me. So I took his deamond head off. Dang body moved around for 5 min after.

Tally now

Snakes 1
Matt 1
Sticks 1

I have a pic on my phone I will upload it tomorrow.

Im glad you helped the cat out. A dog will go after 1 also most dont know better.

Mabe neighbor dont apreciate but you did right thing.

HE did waste a snake true dat.
But on other hand hate 4 his neighbor see
there kitty git swallowed up by the serpant.
My dog tried go after a copperhead once.

Hey Man, Move to south Ga. Then you can fight the diamond backs, Cotton mouths, and on occasion, a copper head. Just Joking, Mainly I have a slight problem with oak snakes. One tryed to crawl across my wife while she was sunning and she wanted me to kill it. NOPE, They eat varments.:thumbsup:

i would have let the snake kill the cat and then i would have laughed at the neighbor for thier stupidity. (when will there ever be a leash law for your household pet called the cat???????)

here it is,

snake.jpg

Hey Man, Move to south Ga. Then you can fight the diamond backs, Cotton mouths, and on occasion, a copper head. Just Joking, Mainly I have a slight problem with oak snakes. One tryed to crawl across my wife while she was sunning and she wanted me to kill it. NOPE, They eat varments.:thumbsup:

We have rattle snakes, cotton mouths, copper heads and coral snakes here.

I actualy saw what I thought was a coral snake a week or so ago, but thinking back it was a king scarlet snake..

Red touches black friend of jack, red touches yellow kill a fellow, right?

Exactly shadetree.....why not go out and whack a deer over the head w/ a shovel! :laugh: Now there is an animal that needs reproduction management.

Exactly shadetree.....why not go out and whack a deer over the head w/ a shovel! :laugh: Now there is an animal that needs reproduction management.

Deer can be dangerous...But they do not have fangs and don't usually catch you by surprise. If a deer was laying in my drive way and there was a chance it would bite me or my pets or my family and a chance it might be poisonous...do you actually think I wouldn't wack it over the head with a shovel? I love deer BTW and used to keep one, so just an example.

PS...I've got a tiny baby fawn living right behind my house now. He's cute...snake in the wild and in my yard or pet range = not cute. Snake in a cage = A ok

i would have let the snake kill the cat and then i would have laughed at the neighbor for thier stupidity. (when will there ever be a leash law for your household pet called the cat???????)

I like cats, except when they are not mine and let out to $hit in my yard....

Back