~~ i have had enough ~~

I know my coffee is always going to be "Regular" no matter how I order it, but $hit, PB on a F-ing egg sandwich...
Now that is the funniest thing I've heard ALL WEEK !!

laugh.gif

Schools are teaching the future.  Continued in a new thread.

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147712425 -->

I think a lot of it has to do with the "Safety" "Comfort", and "Security" obsession so much of America is afflicted with. Folks have forgotten how to try, how to take Pride in an accomplishment.

This is made even WORSE by the now standard (And Brain DEAD) technique of rewarding EVERY minor Accomplishment. Hell I hear about kids in a TKD tourney ALL GETTING RIBBONS, cause hell there are NO LOOSERS.... WRONG, There are losers everywhere all of us at some point have been there, and it sucks, and it reminds us to NOT be there again. It’s part of growing. Learning to hate and despise loss, learning to be mad at yourself for NOT finishing first. BAH Teens and little kids haven't GOT A CHANCE. I see them all the time; buddies kids without any heart at all, no drive, nothing. It's embarrassing and I think it's a direct result of the increasingly mushy parenting techniques, and society norms. "Hey Your OK Good Guy, it's OK that you didn't win, it's that you tried." BULL%H!T!!! It's a great sentiment for the little ones, if you're talking T-ball Amen, but when you see traces of this mentality left over in Middle School it's embarrassing.

We are NOT all equal; we are NOT all capable of achieving the same things. Some of us are smarter, or stronger, or better with numbers, and yeah some of us just are not all that smart, all that physically gifted. But Damnit, most of us in our general demographic here on the board know and are aware of our limitations. We learned when young that there are some things that other folks are better than us at doing. AND WE DEALT WITH IT!!!! We account for our shortcomings, we develop work arounds, we find a niche that works for us and we don't expect society to hand US ANYTHING...

The Kids, I think they are getting a raw deal, hearing how perfect, and "gifted" and special they are, Growing up with heads full of Ritalin and other fuggin narcotics and amphetamines because they are daydreaming or NOT paying attention... Christ, we are drugging the creativity out of these kids, medicating the genius right out of them... Notice we haven't had any Einsteins, or Hawking lately? Wanna know why? CAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN MEDICATED AND PUNISHED FOR THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX...
laugh.gif

Yeah, anyway somehow this all trickles down and we get fuggin cold fries, peanut Butter on the Breakfast Sandwich, and little kids who grow up with un-realistic self images that when shattered leaves them crippled.

Or something like that... I wasn't really paying attention...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147709890 -->

I hear exactly what you are saying. It aint that hard to get it right!!
I had a birthday party for my 1yr. old daughter this weekend,ordered 5 cheese pizzas an 1 onion.
5 minutes before they are supposed to deliver themthey call and tell me that they screwed up and made a pepperoni instead of the onion.
I say to myself,oh shid,my wife wants the onion,now she will be pissed!
They tell me that they can make another,but I tell them to forget it,cause everyone is already chewing their fingers off.
He says,he can cook a few on the grill and send them over on the side,I tell him,that would be great!

Idiot shows up at my house,no onions on the side!!!

Here's a comforting thought---The kids waiting on you at the burger joint are the same people who will be taking care of you when you're in the "HOME". Makes me want to say: "Please lord--when my time comes--make it FAST!!!!" LOL

I think a lot of it has to do with the "Safety" "Comfort", and "Security" obsession so much of America is afflicted with. Folks have forgotten how to try, how to take Pride in an accomplishment.....

etc...etc...(SNIP)

WOW Rev.... + infinity on that..
beerchug.gif

Here's a comforting thought---The kids waiting on you at the burger joint are the same people who will be taking care of you when you're in the "HOME".  Makes me want to say:  "Please lord--when my time comes--make it FAST!!!!"  LOL
Not really. There aren't enogh people going into nursing as there was a few years ago. So your more likley to be saying "Please Lord, not the home!"

I think a lot of it has to do with the "Safety" "Comfort", and "Security" obsession so much of America is afflicted with.  Folks have forgotten how to try, how to take Pride in an accomplishment.

This is made even WORSE by the now standard (And Brain DEAD) technique of rewarding EVERY minor Accomplishment.  Hell I hear about kids in a TKD tourney ALL GETTING RIBBONS, cause hell there are NO LOOSERS....  WRONG, There are losers everywhere all of us at some point have been there, and it sucks, and it reminds us to NOT be there again.  It’s part of growing.  Learning to hate and despise loss, learning to be mad at yourself for NOT finishing first.  BAH Teens and little kids haven't GOT A CHANCE.  I see them all the time; buddies kids without any heart at all, no drive, nothing.  It's embarrassing and I think it's a direct result of the increasingly mushy parenting techniques, and society norms.  "Hey Your OK Good Guy, it's OK that you didn't win, it's that you tried."   BULL%H!T!!!  It's a great sentiment for the little ones, if you're talking T-ball Amen, but when you see traces of this mentality left over in Middle School it's embarrassing.

We are NOT all equal; we are NOT all capable of achieving the same things.  Some of us are smarter, or stronger, or better with numbers, and yeah some of us just are not all that smart, all that physically gifted.  But Damnit, most of us in our general demographic here on the board know and are aware of our limitations.  We learned when young that there are some things that other folks are better than us at doing.  AND WE DEALT WITH IT!!!!  We account for our shortcomings, we develop work arounds, we find a niche that works for us and we don't expect society to hand US ANYTHING...  

The Kids, I think they are getting a raw deal, hearing how perfect, and "gifted" and special they are, Growing up with heads full of Ritalin and other fuggin narcotics and amphetamines because they are daydreaming or NOT paying attention...  Christ, we are drugging the creativity out of these kids, medicating the genius right out of them...  Notice we haven't had any Einsteins, or Hawking lately?  Wanna know why?  CAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN MEDICATED AND PUNISHED FOR THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX...
laugh.gif

Yeah, anyway somehow this all trickles down and we get fuggin cold fries, peanut Butter on the Breakfast Sandwich, and little kids who grow up with un-realistic self images that when shattered leaves them crippled.

+1 Rev

Nicely said, and brutally honest - AMEN

Talk about consequences of lowering standards... try working in law enforcement and working with some of the folks that get hired to fill shifts. Scary indeed...
eek2.gif

I think a lot of it has to do with the "Safety" "Comfort", and "Security" obsession so much of America is afflicted with. Folks have forgotten how to try, how to take Pride in an accomplishment.

This is made even WORSE by the now standard (And Brain DEAD) technique of rewarding EVERY minor Accomplishment. Hell I hear about kids in a TKD tourney ALL GETTING RIBBONS, cause hell there are NO LOOSERS.... WRONG, There are losers everywhere all of us at some point have been there, and it sucks, and it reminds us to NOT be there again. It’s part of growing. Learning to hate and despise loss, learning to be mad at yourself for NOT finishing first. BAH Teens and little kids haven't GOT A CHANCE. I see them all the time; buddies kids without any heart at all, no drive, nothing. It's embarrassing and I think it's a direct result of the increasingly mushy parenting techniques, and society norms. "Hey Your OK Good Guy, it's OK that you didn't win, it's that you tried." BULL%H!T!!! It's a great sentiment for the little ones, if you're talking T-ball Amen, but when you see traces of this mentality left over in Middle School it's embarrassing.

We are NOT all equal; we are NOT all capable of achieving the same things. Some of us are smarter, or stronger, or better with numbers, and yeah some of us just are not all that smart, all that physically gifted. But Damnit, most of us in our general demographic here on the board know and are aware of our limitations. We learned when young that there are some things that other folks are better than us at doing. AND WE DEALT WITH IT!!!! We account for our shortcomings, we develop work arounds, we find a niche that works for us and we don't expect society to hand US ANYTHING...

The Kids, I think they are getting a raw deal, hearing how perfect, and "gifted" and special they are, Growing up with heads full of Ritalin and other fuggin narcotics and amphetamines because they are daydreaming or NOT paying attention... Christ, we are drugging the creativity out of these kids, medicating the genius right out of them... Notice we haven't had any Einsteins, or Hawking lately? Wanna know why? CAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN MEDICATED AND PUNISHED FOR THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX...
laugh.gif

I couldn't agree more... Revlis for president!!!
super.gif

Back