I have got to know

Be caareful where you use these signs, display them to the wrong crowd, and you might get your a$$ whipped.

(Hy_Rolr @ Dec. 28 2006,19:20)
(thrasherfox @ Dec. 28 2006,21:13) nudder
I heard somewhere that the sign the guy on the left is using is called 2 in the PINK 1 in the STINK
eek2.gif
ROFL

The peace sign on its side means "two-way," like comin' back at you; a sign of recognition.  Sometimes preceded by two thumps on the chest with a fisted hand, opened to the sideways peace sign.

The pic of the guy with the thumb, middle, and pinky extended is, I think, a big "W" for "West Coast."  (As opposed to East Coast ... you know, the Biggie vs. Tupac thing.)

Guess I've been watchin' too much MTV2.

What's sad is that I understood everything you just wrote...yep, too much MTV2
laugh.gif

(GSXcite @ Dec. 28 2006,21:48) It's no different than when I was a teen in the 60s with long hair, bellbottoms and tiedyed shirts. Something different to shock the older generation. Had a young guy at my shop the other day with the pants down on his hips that kept grabbing his sack while talking and I asked him if he needed to go to the bathroom.
biggrin.gif
Let me tell ya; it is different. Some people use this like we used the peace sign in the sixties, but others are tru gansta, and you can lose your life having fun throwing sign in public. Please be careful out there. There's little to no conscience in most of these kids today. I'm sure goggle could enlighten.

Exception: the shocker.
tounge.gif

Flashing the "shocker" can get you kicked out of a highschool football game for indecency. Have heard of students getting suspended for it as well. Nothing is simple anymore.

(John 16:10 @ Dec. 28 2006,20:21)
(WWJD @ Dec. 28 2006,19:05) I still struggle why ANYONE would want to dress, look, or act like a criminal in the first place
This kills me, what does a criminal look or dress like? I will promise you none of the people you would lable as looking criminal or thuggish have ever done half the things Ken Lay of Enron did.

Many thugs and criminals wear suits and badges!!!!

Stop being so judgemental!!!! I hate to admit this but I was watching oprah one day. They set up a little girl in NY city to scream and act like she was trying to get away from this guy. Most people walked by, thinking she was just being a brat. The only ones to stop and try to see what was going on was two young americans that many would identify as thuggish, saggy jeans hats tilted and all, they were ready and willing to risk thier own skin to save a little european american girl they didn't even know. Careful how you judge people that same person may save your @$$ one day.
you are welcome to interpret it how ever you like, but "Stats" are not "Judgements". You can test this yourself:
Watch cops or news programs that show "criminals" - usually, junky, unkept clothing etc and notice how people emulate that to SEEM "Bad". heck, half of these reply's mention "Gang signs" and clothing - aren't most "gangs" STATISTICALLY committing crimes and are thus, criminal?

Why do people want to SEEM junky and unkept in their personal presentation? Like criminals? Like "Gangsta's" or Gangsters? Look up "Gangster" and the definition is:

"a member of a gang of criminals "

I stand by my original statement.

Why do people CHOOSE to look like criminals? To SEEM "Bad"? I just struggle with that silliness, but that's just me

peace - out!

(dadofthree @ Dec. 29 2006,14:57)
(GSXcite @ Dec. 28 2006,21:48) It's no different than when I was a teen in the 60s with long hair, bellbottoms and tiedyed shirts. Something different to shock the older generation. Had a young guy at my shop the other day with the pants down on his hips that kept grabbing his sack while talking and I asked him if he needed to go to the bathroom.
biggrin.gif
Let me tell ya; it is different. Some people use this like we used the peace sign in the sixties, but others are tru gansta, and you can lose your life having fun throwing sign in public. Please be careful out there. There's little to no conscience in most of these kids today. I'm sure goggle could enlighten.

Exception: the shocker.  
tounge.gif
The only sign I would throw out to them would not be misunderstood!

Back