Salary of House/Senate .......................$174,000 FOR LIFE - This
is stupid

Salary of Speaker of the House .............$223,500 FOR LIFE - This is
really stupid

Salary of Majority/Minority Leaders ....... $193,400 FOR LIFE - Ditto
last line above

Average Salary of a teacher .............. $40,065

Average Salary of Soldier DEPLOYED IN AFGHANISTAN ....... $38,000

I think we found where the cuts should be made!!!

If you agree ... pass it on, I just did.

Gurrera

Someone said we need a bold departure from the last five decades of government :laugh:

so what exactly should a soldier be paid considering the qualifications arent any different then they are to work at McDonalds.

those salaries are nothing compared to what most of them could be making for some law firm.

if the salary and benifits were not desirable then who do you think would be interested in a job that's at the highest level of government? no one. that's who.:whistle:

there are over 6 million teacher jobs in our country. what were you expecting?

My main problem is that these benefits last for life after 4 years. Their health insurance is ridiculous and aren't effected by the same rules as the rest of the people's. Also it's life time.

if the salary and benifits were not desirable then who do you think would be interested in a job that's at the highest level of government?

Someone who truely wants to make a difference instead of someone trying to cash in on a fat salary.

The founding fathers envisioned a government in which capable and sucessful businessman, farmers, bankers, lawyers etc. would answer the call and step up unselfiously and volunteer there energy and abilities for a time to help guide and lead their democracy. I think they would fall out at the idea of the professional politicians we have today. George Washington gave up power. Politicians today hold on to power like bloated ticks. They're in it for the power. Most are wealthy, well connected, elite before they get there primarily because it's nearly impossible to run for federal office from a grass roots campaign. The two party system hates each other but they crush any run from outside the political machine.

Retirement payouts are just a "perk". Not to mention the other financial opportunties that await after their service, ie figure head positions on boards of directors of corporation, think tanks, charities etc. - you name it...

I don't know where the OP got his information but I don't think it's correct. Maybe someone knows for sure how house and senate members fare financially when they either retire or voted out?

There is a reason why the lions share of our Representatives are attorneys. The question the OP should be asking is how do these people enter the house or senate without a pot to piss in and retire worth millions. Bill Clinton was as poor as dirt in Arkansas when he entered politics and now????????????????? Well, you get the picture!

that might work when applying for the Red Cross....:whistle: but not at the top level of our government.

Caroline Punches, executive director of the Northern Nevada chapter, said, “The American Red Cross is totally transparent, and our 990 (IRS) forms are on our website so people can go on there and see what every person at those higher levels is paid.“Gail McGovern is our Red Cross president and CEO and is paid $500,000 a year — this is considered to be in the mid-range for a large nonprofit in the range of $3.4 billion a year"

:whistle:

What really frost me, is they don't pay into SS, because they have there own pension and health insurance for life.

Then they are trying to cut my SS and health insurance, after I paid for it for 40 years.

Then it was put in to general funds so every one could use it, even if they didn't put into it.

Why don't they put there pension and health insurance in the general fund, so when they are ready to collect ti, it will be gone.

gurrera

Caroline Punches, executive director of the Northern Nevada chapter, said, “The American Red Cross is totally transparent, and our 990 (IRS) forms are on our website so people can go on there and see what every person at those higher levels is paid.“Gail McGovern is our Red Cross president and CEO and is paid $500,000 a year — this is considered to be in the mid-range for a large nonprofit in the range of $3.4 billion a year"

:whistle:
obviously you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what non-profit means. it doesnt mean the employees there do not earn a salary. the organization may in fact make money in any number of ways, on investments, business ventures, donations, etc., and pay salaries and other expenses as needed. no dividends are paid and the stock is not traded. owners do not get anything cause if they did, then by definition, it wouldn't be a not for profit!:whistle:

I would be willing to bet, If they told them they had to go back to work and provide for them self's. Our country would be in better shape. I mean why should they care if they are going to taken care of the rest of their lives.

Back