I have been riding in SoCal for way too long…….anyone ever do this?

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
Okay background for those that don’t know – I have been riding the mean streets of LA for over 20 years, mostly a commuter come rain or shine, this week was no exception.

I have been splitting lanes (which is perfectly legal here) for the better part of those years to where it is second nature and I do it with ease and utilize this all the time, even when I ride two-up. I do not even own a car.

So I had to take my youngest to church tonight and after I dropped her off, I came upon a traffic light with many cars and a huge gap between lanes.
And as usual I begin to drift to the middle and make my way through to the front, not a problem, right?

WRONG !!!!!!!………….. I WAS IN MY WIFE’S TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead:

I can’t believe how conditioned and spoiled I have become with this practice. The worst thing is, if the lanes had been more open I would have continued to do it in the truck and not had another thought about it.

Anyone else had similar experiences?????
Bubba

Opps!

I can see myself doing something to that!

Be careful doing this around cars with out of state plates. I was involved in 2 accidents caused by indignant drivers not realizing lane splitting is legal and attempting to prevent me from doing so.
And no, it doesn't work very well in a cage!:rofl:

Bubba...you're such a hoon...I can see you actually pulling it off, too!

:rofl:

I could never understand why other states do not allow this :cheerleader:

Surv-9702-lanesplit-lg.jpg

I would have to say thats something that i would do i mean i have a truck but il be going down the road going to destination A lets say and just driving along and what do you know i end up at destination B my house........... Habit i guess lol

Back