I have a serious problem!

coreywiley

Registered
While riding last night my lights started to flicker so I hit the throttle and they stopped. It did this twice and the third time it just shut off. VDOT stooped and hooked it up to a jumper and it did nothing. Then he tried the jumper cables and it started but as soon as the + was taken off it shut off with no hesitation. When I finally got it home I put it on the tender and the tender light was green meaning the battery was fully charged. This morning I checked since it was on the tender all night and once again it did not start. It made a funny noise like a buzzing sound . I was thinking it could be the rectifier because I filled up yesterday and I over filled it. I pulled the bike to the side and gas was was pouring out from the bottom by the rectifier so I was thinking maybe it got wet with the gas or something. What say you?

Well the rectifier getting wet isn't a good sign. However they arew also designed to be pretty rugged for rain etc. so I'd go with my 1st impression. Your battery is taking a surface charge, but is probably not good. I would have it load tested. I'm betting you have shorted plates internally.

YEP,,FUEL OVER FLOW,thats where the excess flows out,,,, also I agree Tom about the battery. Also I have seen the rectifier plugs melt on the gen2s and cause them not to charge.

The fuell should be coming out of a rubber hose down by the wing (near the rectifier). If it is running out all over stuff then the hose is not pulled out below the wing and this is a fire hazzard. Check and make sure there is a hose draining the fuel over flow and be sure it is pull out so fuel drains directly on the ground.

What's a good battery and where can I get it? Need it by sun for I was planning on riding in Rolling Thunder.
The guy tested at advance auto and said that it only had 7volts. I know when I got home last night I put it on the tender and the tender light was green which is suppose to mean that it's fully charged. NOT THE CASE!
I need a good battery, something where I don't have to change it every year or so cause I got allot of **** on my bike

You should, you could always call them and ask if it's in stock and see what kind of shipping date they give you and overnight it if you're sweating it.

Back