I Have A Serious Affliction...

Bking's are awesome bikes. I couldn't own a Busa with a Bking. I'd neglect the Busa. =)

We have a motorcycle sales lot a couple miles away on US 1 and they've got a B-king right now. I was looking at it on their
web site the other day and I must admit I have thought about owning one. It would certainly be an interesting monster to ride
but I don't know if I could ever fall in love with the way it looks..!! :confused:
BB

I like the B king in some ways but the head light / long wheel base no for me . I would build a naked busa first .

I had Spiegler bars on my gen2 Busa, and traded it even for a B-King.
No regrets. I found the B-King alot more comfortable with an upright riding position.
I flashed the ecu as a gen2 Busa, did a ram-air mod(B-king has no factory ram air), removed valve from midpipe.
A 46 tooth(+3) rear sprocket. Completely different bike.
Bar end mirrors were a huge improvement in visibility and looks.
Had 2bros cf mufflers on it when I got it.
Horribly loud, cost $90 for inserts. They made it quiet. I cut them 3" shorter too.
Was going to put a gen2 Busa full single Akropovic on it.
B-King is a great bike.
I sold it after a year and a half.
I'll be buying another gsxr1k and adding Spiegler bars next.

098.JPG

105.JPG

009.JPG

006.JPG

You don't notice the wheelbase, with the wide bars it's more toss-able than a 'Busa. Considerably more comfortable too.

Looks divide opinion, but so do the Hayabusa's. Naked bikes are the rage right now and the King is still top dog... only the KTM Super Duke 1290R comes close, but it's not the "Beast" it was cracked up to be. Plus with the v-twin, it's a completely different animal. B-King was a disappointment for Suzuki sales-wise but had they stuck with it, I bet sales would have increased dramatically when the market for big nakeds exploded. A bike ahead of its time.

There's a guy in Ontario who fabricates ducting that connect the side pod inlets directly to the airbox giving the bike ram-air. His kit is really well engineered and he's sold a bunch over at http://www.suzukib-king.org/

Link: http://www.suzukib-king.org/t5431-hand-made-fiberglass-cold-air-intake

Of course, you wouldn't need that after you install the turbo kit you want, Rubb! :bowdown:

The B-King is an acquired taste but then most radical motorbikes are. If you like to stand out from the crowd while you're going fast, the King could be for you.
50747.gif

PS: Once the grotesque stock exhaust and rear fender is replaced, the B-King becomes considerably more attractive. And about 50lbs lighter.

My first King with Yosh slip-ons:
11000753256_73d9bd13df_b.jpg

My current King with Area-P slip-on:
25734468603_21225f5d5e_b.jpg

You guys enjoying the pics of my new bike? Well,not yet. I have yet to test ride it...:race:

Rubb.

Back