I have a dilemma and need help FAST!!!!!!

What would you do???

• Total voters
Do you have a car? I agree in ways with what almost everyone has said. Whether or not you have a car will push my opinion. But here goes- your expenses with a car are vehicle, fuel, insurance and maintenance. You expenses with the bike are maintenance, insurance, and apparently mods.

You need to look at the total cost and not
Just the payments; also, if you only have the car and a bike, you need to keep it (even if only to trade it in on a car for yourself).

for the now id keep the bike and the saab. you should really do some research on a new family ride before you commit. flying from the seat of the pants is gonna get you taken advantage of.

look up consumer reports, check for TSB's (technical service bulletins). with your growing family you have helped the salesman in the first step of the sales process. "create the urgency" take a minute. do your homework. breathe. :D

for some reason i keep thinking about it. sounds like the bike is paid off, and and even tho its cramped its not impossible, id just sit still for a few months after the baby is born anyway (how much longer do you have) ....no need to add an extra $100 to your payment on top of a new baby right away.

Wow, the insights from you guys have really made my wife and I think. My wife was in on this post the whole time so I'm not doing anything behind her back or anything.

I did the math and you are absolutely right, it doesn't add up. We have the Saab and my truck.

It was never about whether I should trade the bike in for this car, I'll do anything to make sure my family is happy and well. The question was more about whether I'm getting screwed and how I would be able to get a new bike in the future.

About not being able to scrape up the money, its $5000 or more! I live on base, have the car, the truck, and the quad payments. We, again, aren't rich.

We also found out that 2012's are going for the same price they are offering this 2010.:banghead:

You all made great points. We are talking about it now and I think we are going to wait and try to find either something better priced or trade in the bike if we NEED too.

I am still taking advice though, keep coming with your inputs!

Keep the bike!

What's the trucks job? Work truck? need it for the quads? Maybe swap the truck for the van and you drive the Saab?
I'm sure you've thought of that, but I like to say things anyway.

Here is just a little insight, It doesn't take $5000 down to buy a $23k car. I got my new 2010 dodge truck for $500 down and had just went through a divorce. Those guys were trying to take you for a rip, cause they played your child's birth as a urgency. You and the wife take your time save $200 a month till baby is born and you'll have a decent down payment for even a new car with used car payments. Congrats and Best of luck..

Wow, the insights from you guys have really made my wife and I think. My wife was in on this post the whole time so I'm not doing anything behind her back or anything.

I did the math and you are absolutely right, it doesn't add up. We have the Saab and my truck.

It was never about whether I should trade the bike in for this car, I'll do anything to make sure my family is happy and well. The question was more about whether I'm getting screwed and how I would be able to get a new bike in the future.

About not being able to scrape up the money, its $5000 or more! I live on base, have the car, the truck, and the quad payments. We, again, aren't rich.

We also found out that 2012's are going for the same price they are offering this 2010.:banghead:

You all made great points. We are talking about it now and I think we are going to wait and try to find either something better priced or trade in the bike if we NEED too.

I am still taking advice though, keep coming with your inputs!

I would dump the quad/s. Get rid of that payment. This helps and provides breathing room. Unless you love the quad/s more than the BUSA? Then look at an SUV. Do not let a salesman tell you you have to do this right now. They don`t give a ratsass about you or your situation. They care about that sale. Chevy Tahoe, Ford Explorer, etc will haul the family in style and not break the bank. You have what these people want and need to survive, MONEY!! Never ever forget that.

I went to a local dealer to buy an SUV. Dealer wanted 40K for the vehicle. I went online to CarsDirect.com and found the same brand SUV that had more options on it for 31.5K. Guess who services it? The local dealer. Shop in a big city, to compete they must lower their prices.

Take your time and choose wisely my friend. You are in control.

Good luck and congrats on the new edition.

forgot to mention that Blanca Busa is in vehicles salea......he hooked up lil charlie with a purchase very recently. Send him a PM and pick his brain for the best option for you.

Keep the bike and avoid the dodge journey. Do the math, show your wife on paper it makes since to buy a different vehicle. I have a question for you and we can do the math together.

When they wanted $23k+ for the car with money down and payments were between $450-475, how much did they want down and how many payments?

How much they want for the car if you trade your bike in?

Is the car now $17k and payments will be $410 for how long?

You will see my point when you answer this.

The 2013's will be out in a few months and value will drop $3-5k on your 2010. The best buy on Dodge or Chrysler is to go new for the new owner warranty and cost will be close to used on certain vehicles.

+1

I agree.....they were looking to take you for a ride....the math is COMPLETELY WRONG!

Are you a USAA member? If so, you don't need a down payment, if you are military with direct deposit....you are good to go BUT....do a deal that is financially correct and sound and won't get your family in a bind later. :thumbsup:

If you need car buying help, PLEASE send me a PM or we can work the cost out here BEFORE you even go down to do the deal! ;)

i would say go look at other vehicles and you might be able to get a way better deal without having to get rid of your bike....i know the feeling when you go to a dealer looking for a car...those salesman are gunna try to make it sound sweet so you can buy...thats what they get paid to do. I say take your time don't rush it and look around....Plus new models will be rolling in so prices will be going down on all the previous models.

Dude....I just went through this myself. For me the busa had to go so I could get something bigger. Each situation is different...getting rid of the quads would help...That is if you're not upside down on them. That Dodge will not be big enough for very long. You will find yourself in the same situation as soon as the kids are a little bigger. Do some research and get something a big bigger so you dont have to trade up again. I hope you find a way to keep the bike but if you dont it's time for it to go.

Check my story out...sucks I dont have a bike (and wont be able to afford another one for a while) but Im happy I did what I did.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/162206-brand-me-trader.html

I can possibly help? What do I need to do to help you keep the bike?

How about a loaded town and country touring minivan?

2009 w/50k?
Navigation/DVD/stow and go seating?
Silver and silver leather?
8070734b.jpg

367766a7.jpg

Tell me more about Saab. Here or pm doesn't matter

And the time you've had the car has nothing to do with its. Yes you take a larger hit on a car you just bought and want to trade but I take people out of cars all the time in the first yr. I just took a lady out of a brand new focus with 1700 miles on it. She had it for three weeks. She retailed that and lost a bit but is now leasing a new fusion sel for same payment. That's all she cared about.

i buy 1000-2000$ vehicles that are in pretty good shape....drive them for about 3 years... pay my local mechanic to fix anything that might come up...in 4 months...of your payments...and i own my vehicles...support my local folks that need work...(no they dont break down often) cheaper insurance...ect ect ect... this "buy new or nearly new" is nothing but a con game by someone and your drinking the cool aid... save your money...buy something truely cheap...set aside even a 1/4 of what would have been your payment and you can FIX anything quickly that might come up...all while giving yourself more to buy the necessity's... trying to keep up with the jones's is a debt ridden philosophy.

I can possibly help? What do I need to do to help you keep the bike?

How about a loaded town and country touring minivan?

2009 w/50k?
Navigation/DVD/stow and go seating?
Silver and silver leather?
8070734b.jpg

367766a7.jpg

Tell me more about Saab. Here or pm doesn't matter
very nice :thumbsup: can I get that in Blue and Black with gold rims please:laugh:

take it from a guy who has 5 kids. You need to keep the bike. It will be your solice when you need a little peace and quiet or some thinking time.Why would you get rid of something you own outright to make a bill just piddle cheaper? Keep the bike. cheap on fuel and i promise you you will regret getting rid of it. Just because you have kids doesnt mean you need to give up everything you love and enjoy. That is how regrets and grudges begin.

dam right ive been her b4 brother and what i did was a big mistake i sold my 01 gsxr 1000 i had 4 kids at the time and i was in the army life was crazy but my biike kept me sane and healthy . the thing is we didnt notice it for a few years iy i had gotten so unhappy short tempered started back smoking and drinking and a bit mean as year pass my wife noticed and stsrted to say U WERE A BETTER PERSON WHEN U WAS RIDEN MOTORCYCLE i didnt agree until we looked and some pic one day and i started 2 remember long story short after getting

dam right ive been her b4 brother and what i did was a big mistake i sold my 01 gsxr 1000 i had 4 kids at the time and i was in the army life was crazy but my biike kept me sane and healthy . the thing is we didnt notice it for a few years iy i had gotten so unhappy short tempered started back smoking and drinking and a bit mean as year pass my wife noticed and stsrted to say U WERE A BETTER PERSON WHEN U WAS RIDEN MOTORCYCLE i didnt agree until we looked and some pic one day and i started 2 remember long story short after getting

after getting my busa 2 month ago my kids are happire i ride them around the hood b4 i leave 4 a ride the wife likes me again lol and i fell good and 2 months clean no smoke no drink dont even think about my name is HOOKDADDY ahd im a RIDEAHOLIC .

WITH THE PRICE OF GAS TODAY U CAN GET A SUV FOR CHEAP TAHOE AND explorer FOR 5000 ALL DAY IN GA BAD ON GAS BUT GUESS U LET THE OLD LADY RUN THE SABB DAILY U ON THE BIKE AND BRING THE GAS GUSLER OUT ONLY WHEN THE HOLE FAMILY HAS 2 B TOGETHER PROBLEM SOLVED I WILL BILL U LATER LOL

I assume you have now missed the deadline and still own your car and bike and nothing has changed? Sounds purely like high pressure sales tactics and enough that you should never darken their door again. There's plenty of deals out there but the numbers you put up don't add up as others have said. You need to sit down and really look at your outgoing cash vs incoming. Sounds like either you don't want to tap into or do not have enough saved for the rainy day fund but thankfully you aren't in danger of losing your job without at least some warning. I am not an advocate of selling toys as I know full well that adding them back to the stable can take a while to do, with 3 kids and a wife perhaps scaling down the stable of toys to one might make sense. Either ditch the quads or the bike, heck maybe even both but do it via private sale and *NEVER* as part of a automobile trade-in.

I would definitely get in touch with Blanca Boo though, he's taken care of a few members already and won't be looking to bend you over like the local dealer seemed to be doing.

Back