[I hate to ask this] What Tank Pad/Protector is the best?

Tank Bayard

Registered
Sorry for the question...

but with the zillions or tank pads/protectors out there, I can't seem to pick one out that I know will be good for my 2014 50th Anniversary Ride.

I heard that Suzuki has one that is wider and longer than most... but I've not found a pic.

So...with all of that said... what would you put on it? and what would you avoid?

thanks.

I got mine made custom for me with moto grafix in the uk. The will do what ever you want and there about 30 bucks. Just email they. They also did my gas cap pad

I've always had luck with pro-grip. I have tried a few others but usually they are a bit less flexible. I usually get clear ones so I can see the paint through them, so laying them down without bubbles is important.

techspec-usa.com has the best stuff I've found. Their snake skin product is high quality goods. Not cheap but sweet!

Instead of a tank pad, I went for the Hayabusa half tank cover. I removed it to fully clean my bike and zero scratches.

I would highly recommend the tankslapper (the 3m version). You can get it at tankslapper.biz. It looks like a cellphone screen protector and adjusts to the tanks contours. Very easy to install bubble free. It is a little thin but once it's on you barely notice that it's there. It's almost invisible. I installed it on the tank top and tank sides. The motorcycle came with a standard clear tank protector for the belt area that I left on since it is thicker. Again, the tank slapper is very thin like a screen protector but it is almost invisible. From about 2ft away you can't see it. Below is the link to the website.

TheTankSlapper.biz - The Product

JPunisher

Tech-Spec here as well.

IMG_4911.jpg

As I mentioned before the tankslapper is great if you want to show off the tank. I purchased the grey items (3M versions) in the picture below with the exception of the tail (2 tank sides, 1 tank top and 1 tank center).

Hayabusa%2008.jpg

If you look at the pictures below you can barely see them on the bike. The only one you can really see is the center pad (belt buckle) protector. This pad came with the bike and is not a tankslapper product. I left it on as it was much thicker and was already on.

side_zpsfddbb92b.jpg

top_zpsc1ab9b73.jpg

all_zps6a5a8e78.jpg

JPunisher

Back